Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Hilde
    Rear Admiral
    • Oct 2011

I may have mentioned this before. I dont think the revell kit was used to make the other CADs I believe everybody took the info for there own CADs from the few available DKM blue prints. The thing is of all the actual blue prints and drawings, are of several different boats of the same type. ie VII-VIIC VIID ect Besides the fact that there were different LOA sometimes as much as 10 meters each individual boat had its own particular differances depending which yard it was built and the mods orderd by U boat command for the particular skipper's request. That being said, the draftsmen who designed the CADs got handed a bunch of drawings of look alike boats. Actual mesurements and detail can be taken of the only boat left, U995. With all the conflicting information the CADsman interpolates.... Its obvious they are unaware of why the seams and rivetts are where they are, because, in every case of all the type VII kit models, the hull's sections dont line up with the deck's sections. In other words they used the deck drawings from a boat that has X ammount of sections and the hull drawings from a boat with Y ammount. Then throwing in the Z factor which is actual measurements from 995=???? Thats why there are rivetts in places that dont have anything behind it to buck it to. And the SIZE?? dont get me started. They stole that from Captain Nemo, and Buena Vista. Id bet a 5kt emerald against your White Castle burger on that Daddios!! Annyways, kits dont mean flyin frog poop to me. None of em are accurate, but they sure look neet for a second when there blowing up.

Comment

• Von Hilde
      Rear Admiral
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
      But to be fair to the Chinese (and by extension, the other Asian types from that side of the world):

They make some very solid American citizens. The Asian families that make it here for the most part come equipped with a killer work-ethic, equaled only by the Jew's.

Take a look at the smart-kids in any school -- any grade-level -- and they are Asian types or are from a well grounded Jewish background. These two groups will constitute the new, vibrant, America ... if we can get the upper hand on this warring rag-head thing, that is.

If we don't deal with N Korea and Iran VERY SOON, it will not matter at all.

M
      I dont have anything against the people who ever they may be, on anyside of the dateline. "Siamo Como Uno" (Latin)The governments that dictate to all of us pawns are controlled by certain people who should be evicted from the planet. My Son, and the USN, are doing a good job dusting off the plate one lick at a time, overseas. Somethings going to happen up stairs around here soon, if the peeps dont grab a hold of the wheel and toss the whole lot of them, disagreanig partisans, sucking the lifes blood out of the people who feed them. There all a bunch of lieing crooks that shoud be hung for treason. That may be a might harsh. Maybe they should just have to do a tour of combat duty, as a front line grunt, in the current hotspot. Just a weapon of choice and as much stuff they can hump into Injun country. Sorry no body armor, not required. No sence waisting it on a 60 + old man. Real troops need it. Besides not too may are expected to come back, to recycle it. Sorry about the rant, Im just a little crankey this time of day This is my recreational enjoyment forum, dont want to muddy the water with politics. One more cup of Cuban expresso and my dailey meds. Ill be Good to go. Its kinda fun, urinating in in the cearial now and then, just to see whos awake. Sorry if I ofended anyone. Here ya go were dealin with KimClick image for larger version

Name:	oh****.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	92625 Tell me that dont blow the cerial out your nose..spoon and all!!
      Last edited by Von Hilde; 11-23-2014, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Von Hilde
        Rear Admiral
        • Oct 2011

Anybody have a kleenex. my mascera is ruining my snivelling towel, and I have to clean up the coffee off the monitor and keyboard. { sniff sniff} Now I gotta figgure out what to do with the pellican's beak after we stuff the bird, or are you suppose to stuff that part too? The flippers are going in with the jibletts.

Comment

• Von Hilde
          Rear Admiral
          • Oct 2011

"The sun never setts,,,,,,it's the horizon, moving up Ya'll" Columbus told that to Izabella on the way out the door with the money for the boat. PDS (perception diferential syndrom) half full or half empty gas tank?
          Last edited by Von Hilde; 11-23-2014, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• redboat219
            Admiral
            • Dec 2008

Attached Files
            Last edited by redboat219; 11-24-2014, 07:43 AM.
            Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• redboat219
              Admiral
              • Dec 2008

Recent post by Feng at RCG,
              "we develop it cost more than 2 years and visit many submarine museum in the world."

Comment

• Von Hilde
                Rear Admiral
                • Oct 2011

putting it that way sounds impressive, but theres only one museum actual type VII. Like saying Ive been to hundreds of movie theaters and one I max, therefore I should be an expert in producing a I max movie. With the language barrier and miss construances and different perspectives there appears to be a major communication breakdown in the process. IMHO folks. Wonder how much 2 years cost? Ya know what I mean. I think I know what he is trying to say. It took two years of traveling around and looking at all the u boats available and airfare and accomodations,expences, ect. I think he's fairly a good souled person, never having to meet him face to face, so I dont have anything against him. I just wouldnt get one to begin with so its none of my business how they put the mess together. 10-4? ps Hank Hill says He's an expert in music..after all he has been listening to it for over 50 years. Yup.

Comment

• reddevil
                  Commander
                  • Jun 2009

They've told me 1.700 USD for the kit, the wtc, and shipping to Spain. For that money I can get an 212A, IX D2, or LAFAYETTE from ENGEL. There's no question about for me.

Comment

• reddevil
                    Commander
                    • Jun 2009

But we already doesn't know if there's room enough inside GRAUPNER's VII C for a diving system.

Comment

• redboat219
                      Admiral
                      • Dec 2008

Downloaded a pdf file on how to set up the Graupner Type VII. https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&s...jHXGEFpExnukHw.

Scroll down to page 12 and 13, there are some photos showing the "watertight compartment".
                      Last edited by redboat219; 11-25-2014, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Von Hilde
                        Rear Admiral
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by redboat219
                        Downloaded a pdf file on how to set up the Graupner Type VII. https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&s...jHXGEFpExnukHw.

Scroll down to page 12 and 13, there are some photos showing the "watertight compartment".
                        I have already studied their PDF and it is way over built, I did mention on some thread about the ammount of stainless screw fasteners being a bit much. Definately over built contraption if you ask me. I suppose if you just got the plastic model with out their unit, you could put any 2 or 2.5 ez driver in the space available in a 1/48 scale boat at a way lower cost. For 1700 bucks US You could have a flotilla of 5 1/72 type VIIs with interchangable drivers. You can see they definately used 595 as the main subject for the model. but took some details from other boat's drawings. The deck of the model is an exact copey of the 995's restored deck which is the simple planking installed during restoration to make it "tourest safe" by covering over the majority of access hatches, The 4 water tight hatches on the fwd port side adjacent to the forward subdeck torpedo storage hatches are a U995 feature that was left but torpedo access hatches and load hatches are ommited on the Kiel boat as well as the model. The actual 995 hull was not considered in the detail of rivets and weld seams, as it is quite smooth. The model however has oversize details not accurately placed or spaced to line up with the deck sections. The probabble cause being the type VIIC 42 modified deck and the U 570 general plan blueprints from a VIIc term 1 of 1939 along with the prints of unterseeboot 759t a type VIIC41 which are the best two sets of original DKM drawings available for the type VII.
                        Last edited by Von Hilde; 11-25-2014, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• type7
                          Lieutenant Commander
                          • Apr 2009

Interesting, waterproof but not diving. Still you don't have to put it together and the size and scale are nice.

Comment

• Von Hilde
                            Rear Admiral
                            • Oct 2011

I just went back in the old posts and had another look at the Arkmodel boat in compairison of the Graupner 1:48. two different anamals. Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder could see that. The detail on the ark deck is close to The VIIc U 570 B&V lot. Standard tower. The G boat is of course a VIIC/41 termII direct copy of the 995 museum deck. Both kits the hull's sections arn't lined up with the deck sections, and have rivets going thru limber holes.Limber holes on both kits are not preportional. This could be, because they may have used the same plug for the hulls which is fine if they plager from each other. If they had scanned the Revell kit and popped out the mold, It would be exactlly like Revell's with rivet and seam placement and proportions, just a tad bigger in overall scale. It would be interesting to have Arks and Graupners hulls together for measurements and compairison. With all this bruhaha about 1;48 type VIIs, I should just build an accurate master plug, for a hull, and let someone pop out a few.Click image for larger version

Name:	VIICarklimber.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	92631ARK limber holes, and rivets. Also note the scupper trough where the pressure hull meets the outer hull detail. And of course the deck hatches for torpedo storage and loading are well detailed. U 995s hull has the added scupper. The seams are clearly visible between the limber holes where the models have large. out of preportion protrusions for rivets. The rivets you do see are in the lower sections of the hull. Anyone who walks around the monument is subject to the visual impact of, up close and personal, to the monstrosity before them. Easy to assume the rivets are like that all over the boat.Click image for larger version

Name:	U995-Kielphullscupper.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	92632 Mr F's crews view of the aft end of the keel and propsClick image for larger version

Name:	995props.jpg
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	92633heavy duty rivets going on back there. Heres a shot of the 995 tourest friendly deck and schnorkle storage. Note the big fasternrs for the plankingClick image for larger version

Name:	995shnorkel.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	92636Click image for larger version

Name:	995schnorkel2.jpg
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	92637The Graupner boats deck has the same as the actual museum boat so theres a big differance between the ark's,deck which has the appropriate access hatches forward like the original 995 WWII deck pictured hereClick image for larger version

Name:	u861u995.jpg
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	92638 The deck for theARK is the standard layout without the watertight containers on the portside fwd. Most obvious, is the forward hull seperation seam on the ark's, where as the graupner's hull is unit. The torpedo tube limbers are different an all the models, Dougie Hauser has a very detailed pdf on all the different boats configguration of limbers for the type VII bow sections as well as proper rivet placement. If anyone wanted to try to fix them. I also notice the holes are relieved A and not on the G kit. I even wonder if the dimentions are the same for both hulls. Revell got the best representation of a generic type VII even tho they did go a bit overboard with the rivets to start with. Heres a nice Revell kit close upClick image for larger version

Name:	u556bow.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	92634and then came thisClick image for larger version

Name:	new boat.jpg
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	92635Graupner bow sharper angle no netcutters different torpedo door limber configguration preportions ect. Digital copy of Revell, it is not. For sure on this one folks
                            Last edited by Von Hilde; 11-26-2014, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Tugfan
                              Lieutenant Commander
                              • Nov 2010

China has never seen anything they wouldn't steal or copy. They're thieves.

Comment

Working...