X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kim Sleep
    Commander
    • Nov 2013

Delphin

Is anyone currently producing a Delphin??? . *(sorry, not certain of the spelling)

Tried one out the other day, and it was a BLAST. approximately a foot long, with mostly brass fittings for fins and all linkages.
    Sturdy, nimble, fast and fun. This thing TORE around the pool like a fish on drugs...and could get up enough speed to easily breech the surface at least a foot. It also ran for a incredibly long time on a charge.
    He had a second one many years ago, and he would do underwater battles with it, smashing into each other, although neither would ever occur much damage, or at least only damage that could be fixed with a bit of Bondo,. and a fast paint touch up..

Although very basic and certainly devoid of any surface detail, (his seemed to be a resin cast)... I WANT ONE!

His was inherited from his father many, many moons ago, so my friend does not know exactly who the manufacturer was. I had so much fun, I forgot to take a pic of the unit.

Again any kits available, or anyone around selling One???
    Last edited by Kazzer; 09-09-2014, 02:44 PM. Reason: font size
    A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Try getting in touch with Subculture...
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kim Sleep
      Is anyone currently producing a Delphin??? . *(sorry, not certain of the spelling)

Tried one out the other day, and it was a BLAST. approximately a foot long, with mostly brass fittings for fins and all linkages.
      Sturdy, nimble, fast and fun. This thing TORE around the pool like a fish on drugs...and could get up enough speed to easily breech the surface at least a foot. It also ran for a incredibly long time on a charge.
      He had a second one many years ago, and he would do underwater battles with it, smashing into each other, although neither would ever occur much damage, or at least only damage that could be fixed with a bit of Bondo,. and a fast paint touch up..

Although very basic and certainly devoid of any surface detail, (his seemed to be a resin cast)... I WANT ONE!

His was inherited from his father many, many moons ago, so my friend does not know exactly who the manufacturer was. I had so much fun, I forgot to take a pic of the unit.

Again any kits available, or anyone around selling One???
      Sounds like Norbert Bruggen's product. A fine thing it is too. He still produces them.

Mike and I hope to introduce one soon (yeah, right .... so many things to do, so little time). here's some early work on a prototype:

Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0247.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	92055Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0249.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	92056Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0253.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	92057Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0257.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	92058Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0274.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	92059Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0280.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	92060Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0129.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	92061Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0130.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	92062Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0131.jpg
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	92063Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0132.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	92064

Did a quick search for you. Try this: http://www.modelluboot.de/ page-21 in the PDF catalog.

M
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

I don't supply kits. I can do a hull, with the teardrop fairing, but everything else has to be made by the builder. The Delphin I moulded is tiny- half the size of the Bruggen model you refer to originally. As a consequence it involves some special construction techniques.

Just to clarify, the 1/12th scale Delphin originally supplied by Norbert is out of production. The model currently available is larger at 1/9th scale and is supplied as a semi-kit with hull, control surface and bayonet fitting only, so not as comprehensive as the first kit.

Comment

• gantu
          Commander
          • Apr 2009

The currently model dolpkin is in 1:10 scale and bigger then the 1:12 one.
          Regards Gantu

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by gantu
            The currently model dolpkin is in 1:10 scale and bigger then the 1:12 one.
            Ah- mark one memory bank corrupted. I thought it was 1/9th.

Comment

Working...