• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george
    Captain
    • Dec 2010

Sub Part Info Help

Hello

I need some help. I have tried a search here and else where with no luck. I would like to know what motor is recommended for use for my 1/72 Revell Type VII and my Trumpeter 1/144 Kilo? I like the old brushed motors for now BUT it would help to know what kind for each and where to find them.

Thanks

George
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by george
    Hello

I need some help. I have tried a search here and else where with no luck. I would like to know what motor is recommended for use for my 1/72 Revell Type VII and my Trumpeter 1/144 Kilo? I like the old brushed motors for now BUT it would help to know what kind for each and where to find them.

Thanks

George
    For the Type-7: 280 size, three pole, 94 turn of .010"dimeter wire.

For the KILO: 180 sized motor

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• george
      Captain
      • Dec 2010

Hello M

Thank You very much for the tech. tips. Without going through the Caswell Sales site, do you think the motors you mentioned are sold there?

George

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

Here--

Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• george
          Captain
          • Dec 2010

Hi Mike

Thanks for the link.

Now I am confused between Mr. D.M`s reply and Mr. M.C`s reply with the link to his site.

So is that the same motor for both submarines then???????????

Just to make sure, that motor is for my Revell 1/72 Type VII and my Trumpeter 1/144 Kilo?

Do you also have the needed couplers from the motor shaft to the drive shafts and seals? Can you send me the links to ALL Please.

Thanks Again Mike

George
          Last edited by george; 09-05-2013, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by george
            Hi Mike

Thanks for the link.

Now I am confused between Mr. D.M`s reply and Mr. M.C`s reply with the link to his site.

So is that the same motor for both submarines then???????????

Just to make sure, that motor is for my Revell 1/72 Type VII and my Trumpeter 1/144 Kilo?

Do you also have the needed couplers from the motor shaft to the drive shafts and seals? Can you send me the links to ALL Please.

Thanks Again Mike

George
            Yep. Same motor.

We don't sell the motor equipped with the extended drive shaft that passes through the 1/8" Diameter watertight seal -- you have to work that up on your own. We typically don't sell discrete parts, George. Just not cost effective for us to do so.

M
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• george
              Captain
              • Dec 2010

Hi M

Thanks for ALL the info. and help. Now it`s my turn to make a shopping list. I don`t remember one thing about the 1/144 Kilo, in the model, are the bow planes functional? or fixed?

George

As I assemble that kit, yes, the bow planes are active. A very well running boat. Kevin McLeod has been tooling his around for many years and there is footage of it on and under the water. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuvhxyQTU-U

And here is some footage of my KILO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY7UwFpNkjM

M
              Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 09-05-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...