X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Sources of polycarbonate tubing

I have a Revell Type VII in storage which I want to convert next after I finish my Kilo. I realized that since I already have some extra endcaps from David I can make my own wtc. The problem is I can't locate a local source of the 2" OD, 1 7/8" ID, 1/16" walled polycarbonate tube. I've tried Mastercarr but they don't ship outside the US and Amazon.com doesn't accept Paypal. I also made a query to Mike if he has some in stock, unfortunately his immediate reply was no. I already made a search for suppliers closer to home ( mainland China suppliers) but most require a minimum order in the hundreds.

I was wondering if there are plastic suppliers you could recommend that ship overseas that don't charge 2-3x the price of the item.

Thanks. *
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

You Bum! E-mail me.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

Email sent.

Comment

• herrmill
        Commander
        • Dec 2008

Not sure what you have in your neighborhood but I can find it in the local material markets that specialize in industrial products. God knows what the quality is but that's where Arkmodel gets their tube from. Guess that says it all...

Why not buy from Taobao which is where I've bought before without any concern over MOQ. Type in 聚碳酸酯管 & you'll find this: http://s.taobao.com/search?q=%BE%DB%..._8935934&unid=

Comment

• redboat219
          Admiral
          • Dec 2008

Having a hard time understanding the site even with Google Translator.

Comment

• redboat219
            Admiral
            • Dec 2008

Hermill
            I got in touch with Lin of BHModle. So far the polycarb tubing he has available is 1.97" OD x 1.81" ID x 0.079" thick walls. I have some resin endcaps and bulkheads from David but these were designed for 2" OD; 1 7/8" ID; 1/16" walled tube. May have to shave a fraction of mm off to make it fit.

Anyway, I asked him for a quote of material and shipping cost for a Type VII size wtc. No reply yet

Comment

• redboat219
              Admiral
              • Dec 2008

David,
              How much for a type vii SD polycarb tubing, ballast bulkhead and motor endcap with everything except the motors?

Comment

Working...