X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Will reality imitate fiction

In Tom Clancy’s world of fiction, it’s a US nuclear submarine that fights China over the disputed Spratly Islands in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea).
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

So, some of you guys are ****ed off at the port visit of an American boat!?.... Because a mine-sweeper got stuck on your rocks? Do this: Remind those ass-holes why your people are not currently writing internet posts in Japanese! Not aimed at you, Romel. Aimed at the deck-heads who don't know their history. For the most part you are a polite, tough bunch of SOB's and I love you for it -- it was, after all, the Filipino's who gave us the need to develop that wonderful M1911A1! So what is this PC anti-US BS all about!???
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

The US Govt has said it will happily pay to retrieve the vessel, and pay clean up costs, so amazes me anyone would need to protest.
      Then again we need protest groups as they are human reminders as to why some species choose to restore the balance in nature and eat their young.
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
      Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• redboat219
        Admiral
        • Dec 2008

What puzzles most of us here is why a modern minesweeper with modern navigation equipments would run aground.
        Last edited by redboat219; 02-03-2013, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by redboat219
          What puzzles most of us here is why a modern minesweeper with modern navigation equipments would run aground.
          You know where you are, fine. The question is: how reliable are your topography charts? Who surveyed that area?
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
            Admiral
            • Dec 2008

Just before the Guardian ran aground marine park rangers repeatedly warned the ship via radio that the vessel was nearing the reef, but the ship captain reportedly refused communication with the rangers.

Comment

• Aug 2008

An ugly situation. Rule of thumb in my Navy: A Captain permits his command to hit bottom, his job soon follows.
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...