X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tugfan
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Nov 2010

This webpage has hickups

For no reason this page will just turn off and not load. Several times I've been on and it just locks up. Anyone else have this problem?
    Last edited by Tugfan; 10-11-2012, 09:45 AM.
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Tugfan, For about a month Ive been having a few issues. Ive found a way around my problems. For me, If I use Google chrome web browser, it wont let me load any pictures but I can do text. So to load pictures I use Internet explorer browser. But then it wont let me expand the pictures to a large size. So I back out and then come back in with Google Chrome Browser which allows me to expand the picture size. Sounds like a lot of trouble doesnt it. So what I do is leave both operating systems running at the same time and just pick which one I want to use at that moment by clicking on the tab at the bottom of my desktop page.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Not me .......................
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Tugfan
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Nov 2010

Dave still uses AOL. Maybe even Windows 1.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

hey ... it works!
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Come to think of it we just upgraded to Window 8. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Comment

• trout
              Admiral
              • Jul 2011

On IE you can turn on Compatibility mode for all sites by default. It is under the tool menu. That being said, IE 8 is a lot more strict on websites following standards and is not as gracious as prior versions with lazy coding and IE 9 is also following the same pattern. After it is turned on you can also go to Compatibility View Settings to add websites and turn on updates.
              Mark, I do not know if this will help, just throwing it out there.

If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Thanks, I will look for it and try it.

Comment

• Subculture
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

I'm running Windows 7 and Firefox Aurora 17. Working fine at this end.

Comment

• trout
                    Admiral
                    • Jul 2011

Well I won't rub it in, but Safari works great on my MacBook Pro.......I'm just say'n. :-)
                    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Snipah
                      Lieutenant
                      • Jul 2012

Check your browser's security settings, Turn off ya pop up blocker, also lay off those dogey websites your visiting (J/K) ;) and clean out your cache / temp internet files.
                      I use win7 64bit comp with ie9, no issues here what so ever.

Comment

• trout
                        Admiral
                        • Jul 2011

The pop-up blocker is a fantastic suggestion! Great advice Snipah

Comment

Working...