X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Last Resort

An upcoming military drama TV series this October on ABC. Last Resort is about the renegade crew of a United States Navy Ohio-class ballistic missile submarine, the fictional USS Colorado (SSBN-753), that defies an order to launch nuclear missiles towards Pakistan, a decision that costs the commanding officer his job when he refuses to follow out the orders without an explanation or official confirmation. When his second in command also questions the same orders, the vessel is fired upon without warning and the crew are left for dead. Realizing that they have been declared enemies of their own country, they set up camp on the fictional island of Sainte Marina, and declare themselves a sovereign nation with nuclear capability. At the same time, the crew must find a way to prove their innocence and find out who set them up so that they can return home.
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

An intriguing plot. Let me guess, they call their base, Vulcania.
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Snipah
      Lieutenant
      • Jul 2012

I watched the pilot, its not bad by my standards. I will be watching the series :-)

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

I was a launcher-tech on the WEBSTER with nine patrols under my belt. We Torpedoman and Missile Tech's would sit at the LCP station, on and off-watch, talking about weird things like just that current TV shows plot.

Other think-games we came up with to amuse ourselves included trying to figure out how to defeat the lower-level gas-generator shields and FZ alarms; access the 'green pickles' warhead without getting shot; working the stern plane pilot-control valves without Control knowing about it, and other horrible things.

Things we did to pass the time when there were no NQP's around to torture.

Highly trained, high-strung, bored, and inventive young men with too much free time on their hands -- many of us would grow up to do some amazing things with our lives.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Snipah
          Lieutenant
          • Jul 2012

Ya know I am going to ask it.... dont you :-D

Comment

• herrmill
            Commander
            • Dec 2008

To paraphrase a famous American governor... OOPS!!!!. Sorry for the duplicate posting on this ridiculous topic. I tried watching but deleted the file after 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...