X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Kabloooey!~ I love LiPo's!

Had my first experience with spontaneously combusting batteries last night!

Vislero twin pack on the stock charger that comes in the two-pack from Caswell. Battery was about 50%. I put her on the charger, worked for a bit and went for a drink of water. Ten minutes later.. I come back to this (just with more fire)!:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Kablooey.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	101784

I don't think this was a product defect. The battery came back with a model that was having an issue. Guess this might have been it. I blame the customer. They're always wrong....
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Details, please!

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

OH MAN! I got just what you need. And its only 299999.95.....by RONCO!Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 181.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	67932
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

I use a ceramic pot, it does the job. In 11 years of using lithium batteries I have yet to experience any fires. I killed a pack in the early days by taking it too low, other than that they're the easiest to maintain batteries I've yet encountered.

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

I remember in eighth grade we had a very cool science teacher. One day he took some Lithium and rolled it up in a newspaper. He then threw it in a pond. Nothing happened for a few seconds until the water soaked thru the paper and then BOOM! White hot fire, and then normal flames from the paper and then nothing. It was cool. In most applications a medium such as petrolium jelly or other substance protects the lithium from contact with anything. However, if you pierce it on purpose with a knife or a screwdriver....................... Thats why Lithium and Magnesium require dry chemical to put them out. Dont use water.
          IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

Working...