Waterproof Servo Selection

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BruceM
    Ensign
    • Sep 2025
    • 5

    #1

    Waterproof Servo Selection

    I am looking for a servo capable of working when submerged.

    FWIW I am setting up a retractable mast system on my 1/72 ALFA sub.

    At least an IP67 would do the job and I also need it to be small size if possible.
    Amazon lists several quoted to be IP68 but I really have my suspicions about these being able to meet even IP67.
    Hitec has a selection of IP67 models and I am inclined to try one of these, particularly since they are a reputable make.

    My question is whether there are other manufacturer's servos out there that people have used with success.

    Thanks
    Bruce
  • timsenecal
    Ensign
    • Apr 2026
    • 2

    #2
    I have used both the hitec and savox brand waterproof servos, they both work reasonably well. Basically just make sure you design your setup so that you can replace the servos when they fail.

    Comment

    • BruceM
      Ensign
      • Sep 2025
      • 5

      #3
      Thanks timsenecal

      Point taken about ease of replacement.

      I see that the Savox SW-0250MGP would be a suitable choice for me and a bit less expensive than a Hitek HS5086WP.

      It is a digital servo so presumably can be programmed to particular settings however I cannot find any information whether this is possible.
      In particular I want to slow down the servo velocity to make a more realistic mast raising speed.

      So have you been able to program a SAVOX?

      Thanks
      Bruce


      Comment

      Working...