• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george
    Captain
    • Dec 2010

Sad News

I hope this is o.k to post here?

I am Sorry to have to pass this news on but while visiting another Sub site, I read the news that Mr. Mike Dory`s wife passed away from cancer recently and his own has come back and he is leaving the hobby because of the treatment and if I read it correctly, possibly this life.

I was Very fortunate to meet Mr. Dory at several Sub regattas in Grotton a long time ago. Even though I had nothing to run he took the time to talk to me and give me some tips. He is a person who is approachable and well, nice. We could take some tips from him.

I hope I am Wrong and he is with us for a long time And my Best wishes go to him and his family.

I hope this posting does not break any rules here?

George
  • reddevil
    Commander
    • Jun 2009

Very sad hear this. I offer him my most sincere condolences and hope he recovers soon.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by george
      I hope this is o.k to post here?

I am Sorry to have to pass this news on but while visiting another Sub site, I read the news that Mr. Mike Dory`s wife passed away from cancer recently and his own has come back and he is leaving the hobby because of the treatment and if I read it correctly, possibly this life.

I was Very fortunate to meet Mr. Dory at several Sub regattas in Grotton a long time ago. Even though I had nothing to run he took the time to talk to me and give me some tips. He is a person who is approachable and well, nice. We could take some tips from him.

I hope I am Wrong and he is with us for a long time And my Best wishes go to him and his family.

I hope this posting does not break any rules here?

George

Not at all George. Most appropriate.

Mike Dorey is a foundation of the hobby as we know it today. Most of my torpedo work is based on his fundamental work in the field.

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...