Rpmtech and 1/72 kilo kit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Sorry guys! I have no idea how to restore it, and frankly, I'm not wasting my time on Palumbo ****! It's cost us all enough grief as it is. Don't rub it in!

This is the price we pay for 'disassociation!'.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

I can understand that. I have mixed feelings, I think he is brilliant, but he has his demons to deal with. In the meantime many have been hurt financially and in time spent, especially you Mike. I know help has been offered, but life is about choices. Rick chose the hard road. You had given Rick an opportunity and got smacked for it. I probably would have done the same as you and removed all info about him. I am sorry if it felt like I was rubbing it in, that was not my heart or intention. Forgive me.
      Peace,
      tom
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
        I can understand that. I have mixed feelings, I think he is brilliant, but he has his demons to deal with. In the meantime many have been hurt financially and in time spent, especially you Mike.
        tom

What really ticks me off about this is that people like Thor and Senecal have tried to implicate me (& and David) in Rick's affairs.

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

I have not seen that, except for one posting at SC that stated you were closer to rick or something like that. If it is that one you are referring to, well, it may have been a jab, but you have done the same.
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Kazzer
            • Aug 2008

He's back!

Wonders never cease! You've just got to admire the gall of this man!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

Just woke up from my hideous nap. And read this. Wow!

Redemption? OK. If that's the plan, I await action.

I've been late on producing product all my professional life, I understand how gut wrenching that is to the producer and to the customer -- my tardiness has hurt my boss, Caswell. He does not like that. I do not like that. But, I stand my ground and work the problems till the orders are filled. And Mr. Caswell has done his best to keep his customers informed, knowing I wold eventually follow through on my contractual obligation. Even if late, I get it done. I don't walk away.

Welcome back, Rick. You got some stuff to catch up on.

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

I dont think He needs anyone to email him and remind him of what he owes. He knows FULL well. He should be making an effort to contact his creditors......not the other way around. Thats how you can tell that He is not Genuine about His statement.
                IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Albion
                  Captain
                  • Dec 2008

Will mail him, i paid for the complete Seehund, i even offered to take just the hull and fittings and make my own Cylinder. See what happens
                  Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• herrmill
                    Commander
                    • Dec 2008

The Gospel according to Rick 3:16.

My fellow brothers, before we digress into that wallow of shame and self-pity, perhaps we shall read a passage from even a greater power...

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the LORD did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

Rick Palumbo, Rpmtech LLC Facts, questions and answers

1)Who was Rpmtech?:

Rpmtech was a small botique model builder run by one person, myself Rick Palumbo

A brief history:

in the year 2008 I started manufacturing model submarines and selling them on ebay etc. By the year 2012 I had more than a dozen different highly complex and expensive models in my lineup. Some were sold as kits and others were commission to make a complete working model. I have more than 800 different molds and tools for making models. This was all done by myself with no outside help.

The models I offered were absolute top of the line, the best you could find anywhere. I would spend every hour of every day for 4 years making tools and perfecting kits etc. I had at least a dozen customers at any one time of the year. This is a high art form and the energy and mindset to do such work is not always on tap; its not like sweeping a floor.

My elderly father was living with me at the time I was doing all this stuff. So not only was I manufacturing dozens of different models ( a single one could take a year or more for someone else to complete, I was pretty fast at building!) I was running a household caring for an elderly person. He slowly but surely was degrading and losing his abilities. I went from “Model builder” to Caretaker/model builder in the course of a few years. He was gradually taking more and more of my time. No other outside help was available and we have no other family to help. On top of that I had a monthly defecit I had to make up, as his SSA was not nearly enough to take care of him.
                    The “Modeling emergency!”

First off, the models I made for people were SEVERLY UNDERPRICED. Meaning that I would work for an entire month and maybe make $600 from it. Orders were coming in left and right for my models. Slowly but surely I was getting backlogged with peoples orders and things they expected of me. It was basically I had to sell another model to pay to build the previous one. This went on until I was 3 or 4 generations behind. The 4th model sold was supplying money to make the other 3. People were getting restless and started posting their impatience on forums like RCGroups. They wanted their models, and wanted them NOW! Hence the MODELING EMERGENCY was born.

The MODELING EMERGENCY became a web forum driven form of mass hysteria. Each person feeding off of everyone else. For some reason everyone I owed something to had to have it NOW! WE CANT WAIT ANY MORE!! WE NEED IT!! WE DONT WANT TO WAIT ANYMORE!

Half a dozen or so people I had a deal with flipped out, all of a sudden I became a “thief” and Criminal” etc. At that point my ability to sell anything to the modeling community was quashed. Lets see... hmm.. No more income, and I'm supposed to keep manufacturing your special model and ship it to you ASAP. Models that take dozens of hours and hundreds of dollars and an artistic mindset. Iassume I was expected to get a job at Walmart to build models when I come home, after I cook dad dinner and clean the house.

My customers were all together now, in a SELF HELP GROUP of VICTIMS. EACH STROKING THE OTHER. Man oh man we all got ripped off!! this is a travesty!
                    So lets pressure Rick, maybe he will do his art at gunpoint for us so we can GET OUR MODELS WE NEED!. We will dig up ANY and ALL bad things we can find and feed off of them. That should do the trick. Lets block his ability to sell anything and force him to finish our stuff. Bingo. Wrong....

So I got no more emails from anybody. They were all posting their grief on a forum of not having anything they ordered. Doors were closed, tooling in storage, no more manufacturing anything. Rick would not answer the few emails I sent. Hmm, maybe Rick had nothing to tell you. Or most likely he's just a THIEF and/or CROOK, partying at the pool with our money!! All that money, that few $K of dollars involved (piddly amount in the big picture)He must be living it up at OUR EXPENSE!
                    Ok, so, now I, myself, Rick Palumbo, will post a few questions. Not necessarly for you to answer and communicate, but to think about:

1) Where did the idea come from that you would never, ever receive anything you ordered from me? That it was over and all was lost? Was there some sort of time limit? Like; “Oh man six months and zip, its over. Im never getting anything. Lets go to the forum and sob with the other VICTIMS”. He stopped answering me. I kept emailing him about it and he would not answer!!
                    2) Now lets review that one, could this possibly be it here: Maybe Rick had no new news for you and was tired of sounding like a broken record, from your constant emails asking when Rick was going to ship their stuff? Maybe. I was completely hobbled by the whole situation and could do nothing for anyone. No money, no reputation, no materials, no models, period, done, fini.

The bottom line is this:

The very people who NEEDED THEIR MODELS NOW! Destroyed any chances of getting them then, via their web forum quash of me and destroying my ability to sell anything online in the modeling community. The horse was long dead, but we'll beat it for a while, its entertaining.

Im a human person too, with feelings and great empathy. I really do believe treat others as you would like to be treated. Believe it or not. I would way undersell my stuff because I wanted YOU to get a good deal on whatever it was. That also contributed greatly to the downfall.

Im sorry this happened, its the last thing I wanted. But it did. My bad business model, YOUR impatience. I would love to make you happy, please email me and tell me what I can do for you. I still have no money to give, my father just passed away in the beginning of March. I now am going to do a revolution and get things back straight. I dont have many resources, one car, one house, no furniture and a dozen or so models inside and lots of tooling. I will work my very best from here on out to make you happy. Maybe I have a model you like. Email me and we can work something out!.

Sincerly,

Rick Palumbo, ex Rpmtech

PS: IF I DONT ANSWER YOU IMMEDIATELY IT DOES NOT MEAN I DID NOT GET THE MESSAGE. I MAY NOT ANSWER YOU UNTIL I HAVE AN IDEA ON WHAT WE CAN DO. SORRY BUT IM NOT PING-PONGING MESSAGES ALL DAY LONG.

Forums are strange, dangerous hideous things. They spread bad information like a virus, and someone is always profiting from all of it, the website owners. So you are supporting their lavish lifestyle with all YOUR HARD WORK AND EXPERIENCES YOU SHARE. They love you!! Keep on supplying entertaining content!! KEEP MAKING THEM MONEY!

I deeply regret all the great builds I shared on RCGroups, Not because I did not want people to see it, but because of WHO I was supporting by my own hard work. I did not get a dime for all the time I spent posting pictures and great stories etc. Mr whoever, king RC GEEK owner of it fueld his real airplane up from my stuff.
                    RCGroups is a perfect miniature model of the USA today and how it works. A few cronies rolling in money they got from exploiting YOU! So keep the new content coming!!

Page 10-Discussion Scale Model Castings/RPMTech Dock Talk
                    Last edited by herrmill; 03-10-2016, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

INTERESTING! I never bought anything from him because at the time, I was completely committed on other projects. But I wanted to. Seems to me he offered a Kilo that used a large Syringe type ballast tank. However, If you get into financial trouble.........you dont just disappear and ignore your creditors. You contact them one at a time and work to satisfy each one. If you stop communicating with them your asking for the matter to Escalate. You also readjust your pricing so that you can move forward and not keep digging yourself a bigger hole with each transaction, because it will eventually catch up with you.
                      Can he come back? I dont know? Trust is a hard thing to rebuild.
                      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Albion
                        Captain
                        • Dec 2008

If he honours previous commitments then its a start. But it needs to be at multiple level, not just the one off customers, but also mikes operation. I know that resin isnt cheap, but hes got the masters and moulds he can start getting some revenue once his names cleared.
                        Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Kazzer
                          • Aug 2008

There are some people who should never be in business, Rick is one of them. There are a few more in this model business that shouldn't be here, one of them has produced a couple of really good injection molded submarines and reneged on promises to people who contributed to them.

Actually, the more I look at it, the longer the list grows.

See my post # 2 on protecting yourself.

My suggestion to you all. Don't encourage him. His business deserves to die a natural death.
                          My suggestion to Rick. Get a proper job if anyone will actually employ you, but you've proven to yourself you are incapable of running a business.

Comment

• reddevil
                            Commander
                            • Jun 2009

Sent a message to him. Let's see... Sure nothing would happen

Comment

• reddevil
                              Commander
                              • Jun 2009

See? Nothing after all this time. A complete liar and swindler. Do anything to demonstrate I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...