X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

Star Trek and David Merriman

The new Captain Pike has copied the hair of our own Dave Merriman. Congratulations David.
    Attached Files
    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Ellie and I did more than serve as 'hair-style influencers' for the various TV and movie ST productions. We did some master/pattern/tooling work for the post TOS shows as well. All that work (and some rather handsome pay-check) went away when CGI caught fire.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• DrSchmidt
      Captain
      • Apr 2014

You did the Enterprise C and the Vor'Cha class Klingon cruiser?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by DrSchmidt
        You did the Enterprise C and the Vor'Cha class Klingon cruiser?
        Yes. D&E Miniatures was contracted to do work for the ST TV shows and a movie. I pictured work on the masters of the C's 'wing' and warp engine, and the masters and rubber tools for the Klingon ship. We also built warp engine masters for the smaller ENTERPRISE D miniature.

We worked as a third-party contractor for Greg Jein who was Parmount's effects miniatures supervisor on STTNG. His people would take our masters, produce tools (unless we produced the tools, as was the case with the Klingon ship warp engine), and make semi-transparent GRP structures that would be backlit by internal light sources.

We also did some work on Star Trek 5 -- a movie so bad that Greg said he was going to have crew hats and T-shirts made for the next movie emblazoned with, "Star Trek 6, The Apology" (never did, I'm sure Paramount would not have approved).

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• DrSchmidt
          Captain
          • Apr 2014

I really like the design of the Enterprise C. By far better than the Excelsior Class. With respect to Klingon Cruisers -> nothing better than the K'TInga class like the "Kronos" of Star Trek 6 (that overcompensated the really bad Star Trek 5). I actually have the huge Polar Lights K'Tinga in my backlog....

Comment

• JHapprich
            Captain
            • Oct 2017

YES! 1701-C and D ( having her back in service on the final Picard Episodes was quite amazing) and K'Tingas! Weren't the 3 Cruisers of ST Motion Picture K'Tingas,too?

The Klingons of ST 5 are an improvement to cmdr. Kruge and his fools of ST 3!

The motion Picture ' 1701. Thumbs up!

Comment

Working...