X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuarterMaster
    Rear Admiral
    • Sep 2015

Advanced Power Management.

The next step in my RC Submarine Evolution. Advanced Power Management.

Modular LiPo WTC's, controllable from the TX. 3S 8000mAh is the standard powerplant of choice. 1 for the smaller vessels (~102mm [4"] min) and 2 for my larger hulls where I can fit them side by side or inline.

8Ah single or 16Ah dual storage capacity...yeah baby! Considering what you can bring LiPo's down to, I'll have no worries regarding power reserves.

Using the swappable Primary, Secondary units: When the Primary battery runs down to storage level (monitored by telemetry), switch to the Secondary battery and run that to storage. That saves you from the after run storage charge. That would be the preferred long day events. Since you're monitoring, you can blow past storage to recommended minimum as well.

If I have my large boat with two batteries, and I'm doing a short morning run, just use a ballast compensator in the Secondary battery position. So I don't have to needlessly just charge the 2nd battery just to discharge to storage when I get back home.

As these are modular, and my new standard, I can swap them around to whichever boat I'm using for the morning, day, or major RC Submarine Event. Of course this is limited to my 2.4Ghz boats with Telemetry, or 80% of my Fleet, current and planned.

Now I was always a big fan of the SLA, for price and ballast, but my back thanks me.

Here is the first installation in K432

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230419_233955692.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	170719
    Last edited by QuarterMaster; 04-22-2023, 11:11 AM.
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS
  • jphatton
    Lieutenant
    • Jan 2021

Thanks for your description of your modular LipO WTC system. Unfortunately, the photo didn't appear in the post. Could you try reposting it?

Comment

• QuarterMaster
      Rear Admiral
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by jphatton
      Thanks for your description of your modular LipO WTC system. Unfortunately, the photo didn't appear in the post. Could you try reposting it?
      Can anyone else see it?
      v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Yup.................
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...