X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott T
    Commander
    • May 2009

Deboer Concept-2 Seaview subdriver

An idea for fixing the backing and thrust problems on the Deboer Concept-2 Seaview subdriver; might be to add a flexible tube between the yoke-nozzle and the thruster assembly.
    Cut a bicycle innertube to enclose the gap between the nozzle and the thruster.
    This will direct all the water through the nozzle for forward thrust.
    And probably keep the thruster from circulating water around the thruster body forcing more water out for reverse.

Scott T
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

The 'flexible' tube between PJ and moving nozzle presents too much drag on the linkages. And I've already came up with a fix: I dumped the nozzle, and put the pump-jet to the gimbal -- much improving turning radius and pitch response.

The attached photos illustrate how my SEAVIEW propulsion-steering-pitching mechanism now works.

David,

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0029 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	63450Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0031 (1).jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	63451Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0035 (1).jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	63452Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0040 (1).jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	63453Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0041.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	63454Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0092.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	63457Click image for larger version

Name:	20110623142458(1).jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	63458
    Attached Files
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Onward ever onward!
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Dave, can you update us with some details? In the Gazette its obvious that your still working on it. Does she have a good turn of speed. Will it be able to maintain periscope depth?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Get off my back!

What?! .... I don't have enough to do, what with the evil Caswell Empire keeping me snowed under in work, and you guys bothering me every five-seconds with questions and stuff!?....

(secure from morning rant)

Dennis' Concept-2 SEAVIEW, the one I've built up and recently got operating in pretty good form, is still in primer gray. But, I've finalized the design of the running gear and means by which the thing is pitched and yawed. I'm reasonably happy with the turning radius, and depth control is now assured, but something you have to stay ahead of in your mind.

Yes, Mark, with the sail planes active I can maintain good periscope depth up to a critical speed, then things get weird. Speed is fair, considering the relatively small PJ employed.

When I get to it I'll paint this thing as Dennis has done -- love his finishes. Here's a site where you can see his Concept-2 in the water and all dressed out: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_93...14/key_/tm.htm His work is simply magnificent. I hate him!
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Wow! Those are good! Look how high it sits in the water. Hurry up Dave, I think I want one.

Comment

Working...