X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

Can Bob Hit Good Weather A Third Time?

I think Bob is in good with the Lord, and the weather will cooperate for the third Georgia Subfest.
    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

How can you be certain, it is so far in advance? Unless you are speaking it into existence (at which point we will need to set up a shrine to you - LOL)
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
      How can you be certain, it is so far in advance? Unless you are speaking it into existence (at which point we will need to set up a shrine to you - LOL)
      Or, if it don't work out, Chamber of Horrors!
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Das Boot
        Rear Admiral
        • Dec 2019

It’s called weather history. That part of Georgia has had good weather for years on that date. Cool temps and low humidity.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Das Boot
          It’s called weather history. That part of Georgia has had good weather for years on that date. Cool temps and low humidity.
          Last year was my first. And it was absolutely beautiful!

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Das Boot
            Just razzing you.
            I agree with David, it is absolutely beautiful and it was my first time too. It is worth it to me to drive from Nevada to Georgia for this, that is how much I liked it. I am sure Carmel or other gatherings are just as fun, but what this format offers is a deeper, clear water to dive and run in.
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• SubDude
              Captain
              • Dec 2019

The first year the weather was beautiful but I believe the remnants of hurricane Sally had just cleared the area a day or two before the event. It was close.
              Last edited by SubDude; 08-09-2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                Welcome to my underwater realm!
                • Aug 2009

Fingers and toes are crossed! We just had a pow wow talking over foul weather plans, and honestly, unless it's howling windy with sleet, we have covered work areas, and I just grabbed a bunch of ponchos to hand out to skippers if it's rainy. Certainly a bit of rain won't hurt the boats!

Bob

Comment

• SubDude
                  Captain
                  • Dec 2019

I will bring some 10x10 canopies as well.

Comment

• Das Boot
                    Rear Admiral
                    • Dec 2019

Originally posted by RCSubGuy
                    Fingers and toes are crossed! We just had a pow wow talking over foul weather plans, and honestly, unless it's howling windy with sleet, we have covered work areas, and I just grabbed a bunch of ponchos to hand out to skippers if it's rainy. Certainly a bit of rain won't hurt the boats!

Bob
                    If you’re talking Carmel, it’s
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Das Boot
                      Rear Admiral
                      • Dec 2019

It’s a winner.

Comment

Working...