X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goshawk823
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Oct 2010

Bob Dimmack (OTW) has been in an accident

good morning all. been chatting online with Bob's wife, Liz. Thanks to Gareth for letting me know about this...Bob was hit by a cyclist as he was walking out of the door of the hospital (surgery) and was knocked into the curb. he's broken the ball socket on his hip, and is going to need surgery. I asked Liz to keep me posted. Apparently, the police are involved as the ******* stopped for a brief moment before peddling off. as I learn more (or if anyone else gets more info), I'll update here. please keep Bob in your thoughts!
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

There are some lousy people out there now. Bob's only a few months younger than my Dad, so that's no joke when you're in advancing years. Hopefully they'll have some decent cctv of the incident.

Comment

• goshawk823
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Subculture
      There are some lousy people out there now. Bob's only a few months younger than my Dad, so that's no joke when you're in advancing years. Hopefully they'll have some decent cctv of the incident.
      HI Andy- Liz says they got the whole thing on CCTV. Also, Gareth tells me that riding a bicycle on the sidewalk is illegal in the UK, so we'll see what happens when they catch up with the guy.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Bob's one of the good ones. A good set of hands; a true Craftsman; and one hell of a sense of humor! Here's to Mr. Dimmack's speedy recovery...

... and a legal system that awards him justice!

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Das Boot
          Rear Admiral
          • Dec 2019

I hope Bob recovers quickly.
          Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by goshawk823
            Gareth tells me that riding a bicycle on the sidewalk is illegal in the UK..
            We call it the pavement in the UK, and yes it is illegal to cycle on it, but plenty still do it. Laws are one thing, enforcement quite another.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
              Welcome to my underwater realm!
              • Aug 2009

Huge hopes for a speedy recover to Bob. He's been a cornerstone of the hobby for decades...

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

My heart goes out to Bob. I was told when they replaced my hip (I had a deteriorating bone) that it is good I am doing it now versus it breaking. So, like others have said, speedy recovery and I pray no long term issues.
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Subculture
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

Anyone heard anything more on how Bob is doing?

Comment

• goshawk823
                    Lieutenant Commander
                    • Oct 2010

Coming along; as Liz tells me, “slowly, slowly”. He’s had the surgery on his hip.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                      Welcome to my underwater realm!
                      • Aug 2009

Spoke to him a few days ago from the hospital. He's doing well, all things considered. Up and walking around with the aid of a walking frame. He sounds confident he'll be back up and in fighting trim soon, but it was a major surgery and I hope he doesn't push things too hard.

Comment

Working...