Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

I am going to slow this blogging stuff down! To much time spent writing, taking photos, and posting, and NOT enough time Building!

Besides, I am not doing anything that everyone has seen a hundred times before and by totally much better builders than me!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• Das Boot
      Rear Admiral
      • Dec 2019

Originally posted by rwtdiver

Casey,

I am not sure. I have not opened the WTC up yet to take a good hard look.

Rob
      Is there a servo up there? If not, get this battery cut enough off for the battery to fit, and it should be okay in the Kilo. 4.13*1.41*1.02 inch(L*W*H); Approx Weight: 197g/0.43lb.
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07VL...b_b_asin_title
      Last edited by Das Boot; 01-23-2022, 06:41 PM.
      Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

I am going to slow this blogging stuff down! To much time spent writing, taking photos, and posting, and NOT enough time Building!

Besides, I am not doing anything that everyone has seen a hundred times before and by totally much better builders than me!

Rob
        I don't agree with you, Rob. The time it takes to chronicle our work and pass it on is the OBLIGATION we have to the Craft; to keep the Craft alive for those who will (hopefully) fill our shoes once we become worm-dirt.

You're like me, Rob: You grew up attending model club meetings, working with your peers at the local flying field; reading the articles in the many magazines that (used to) populate the hobby-shop and local drug-store shelves; and worked many long and joyous hours with neighbors and friends who shared the hobby/passion.

Now, that the curtain is quickly closing on us -- we, the current champions of the Craft -- it becomes our duty to download our experiences and knowledge. So, take the time to write and pass on, 'the word'. It's your obligation.

Time to pay the bill.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
          Captain
          • Apr 2020

Rob,

Keep posting your work. As much as you enjoy working on your models, others enjoy reading the progress updates. As far as seeing something that has been done a hundred times before, seeing it get done again doesn’t get old and each build has a new spin on what was done before.

This particular hobby is challenging. Frustrations can lurk around every corner. If it was easy in every aspect, then it would probably be pretty boring.

Nick

Comment

• rwtdiver
            Vice Admiral
            • Feb 2019

David & Nick,

Thank you very much for your comments. I understand what you both are saying! :-))

Rob

Comment

• RanSan
              Lieutenant
              • May 2020

Keep going Rob as someone “new” to this group I love what you’re doing.
              Randy

Comment

• rwtdiver
                Vice Admiral
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by RanSan
                Keep going Rob as someone “new” to this group I love what you’re doing.
                Randy
                Thank you, Randy,

I appreciate that! For ME, just to take the time to show every rivet and drop of adhesive is not necessary. David M. and the other masters on this forum have gone into great detail on how that has been done.
                If I do something weird or unique, AND IT WORKS! I will post it up.

Rob
                Last edited by rwtdiver; 01-24-2022, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• rwtdiver
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Feb 2019

Just a note:

I am no longer doing the 1:96 Russian Kilo kit build! I have run into a couple of situations that really make it tough to do this type of build. #1 I do not have a suitable shop for working the type of material involved with this kit. (a bedroom with carpet does not cut it) #2 Adverse reaction to working with the hull materials. So, with this in mind I am going to use the 70 mm WTC on my 1:96 scale 3D printed Russian Alfa.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WTC 1.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	158473

I am also working on a 3D printed 1:72 scale Russian Alfa. I will be fabricating my own WTC for that boat. I have found my nitch for submarine building, and that is 3D printing using PLA only! So, moving on, and I want to thank everyone for your comments and help on the Kilo.

Rob

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                    • Aug 2008

Just a note:

I am no longer doing the 1:96 Russian Kilo kit build! I have run into a couple of situations that really make it tough to do this type of build. #1 I do not have a suitable shop for working the type of material involved with this kit. (a bedroom with carpet does not cut it) #2 Adverse reaction to working with the hull materials. So, with this in mind I am going to use the 70 mm WTC on my 1:96 scale 3D printed Russian Alfa.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WTC 1.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	158473

I am also working on a 3D printed 1:72 scale Russian Alfa. I will be fabricating my own WTC for that boat. I have found my nitch for submarine building, and that is 3D printing using PLA only! So, moving on, and I want to thank everyone for your comments and help on the Kilo.

Rob
                    Hey, at least you tested the waters. I applaud that. Carry on, sir.

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Hey, at least you tested the waters. I applaud that. Carry on, sir.

David
                      Thank you, David.

Rob

Comment

• rwtdiver
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Feb 2019

To put full closure on my Kilo build, I just want everyone to know that I sent the kit back to Bob. As most of you can see I did get a start on the kit but do to shop and adverse reaction to the materials involved that I had I could not have completed the kit. Bob took the kit back and gave me a (MORE THAN FAIR) refund on the kit. I have almost 2.5 years in this hobby, and have spent a fairly good amount of money on this hobby (MONEY WELL SPENT) and 99.9% of that money was spent with Bob (Nautilus Drydocks)

I want everyone to know what an HONEST & FAIR person that Bob Martin is. I know you all may think I am a little overboard on this, but when you have the chance in life to meet and deal with people in life like Bob, it's my opinion you get the word out!

Rob
                        Last edited by rwtdiver; 02-01-2022, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...