Nikko Seawolf - blast from the past

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tifosi12
    replied
    Inspired by so much success in the first tank trial I went ahead and ordered another Nikko Sea Wolf from ebay. Made sure the rubber membrane is in pristine condition and the electronics work. With that I should be able to keep this unique sub going for many more years. Unreal if you think that these things are at the very least 20 years old, possibly 40 years and they still function like new. Well, at least the ones that have been nicely preserved.

Leave a comment:

• tifosi12
    started a topic Nikko Seawolf - blast from the past

Nikko Seawolf - blast from the past

When I was a kid I had one of those Nikko Seawolf subs. Loved it back then and so I recently bought a good one on eBay. Just tested it in the tank and surprisingly all functions work as advertised. In fact the dynamic diving works better than on my other built subs: The thing goes instantly down or up and deeper than its much more expensive brethren.

Never quite understood why Nikko claims it to be 1/250 scale: There are two seats in the front that are more like 1/50. So I decided to paint the cabin up accordingly and 3d printed a couple of crew members. Also got rid of the stupid Seawolf theme etc. I intend to change that into a Bond villain look. :)

For the little money these things cost, they are a relative bargain and easy enough to operate/maintain (fingers crossed). And this one even fits into a suitcase so I could take it to an event by airplane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	G0012016.JPG
Views:	426
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	152842
Working...