X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rpmtech1
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Dec 2009

Waterproof transmitter case

Anyone seen a custom builtone? looking for ideas. Love to be in the water and play with subs at the same time. holding your hands high out of the water with the TX sucks. Plus you can wear a snorkel if you had a waterproof TX setup, nice view!

Im thinking like a glovebox type deal... or like a lexan box where just the sticks extend through rubber boots. And the antenna somehow. Maybe a rubber ducky antenna.
    Last edited by Rpmtech1; 05-13-2011, 12:22 AM.
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

How about using one of those Otter or Pelican brand case with rubber boots for the control sticks?
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Rpmtech1
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Dec 2009

Found some perfect bellows.

Anyone want to build one too?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Greg Sharpe built a few and went scuba diving with his boats, way back in 'the day'.

David,

Click image for larger version

Name:	SharpeNautilus.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	62318
        Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 05-14-2011, 01:30 PM.
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Rpmtech1
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Dec 2009

Yeah i remember that! Any pictures? If I remember right his was mighty industrial. Im aiming a little lighter duty.

I would infinetly enjoy playing with my boats (and customers LOL) if i could be in the nice refreshing water with them. How bout a slow drive by of your scale masterpiece with water at chin level. and holding yout transmitter in a natural position.

Im a water freak. I love being in it ( if its warm or semi warm anyway) On a hot Arizona day at the lake or pool standing on the shore while your cooking and controling your submarine sucks!
          Last edited by Rpmtech1; 05-13-2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

I was thinking the same thing last time I was snorkling in Dunnelon on the Rainbow river. Water is bathwater clear! What about a large Ziplock freezer bag with a little bit of silicone grease on the zipper? It might be difficult to work control knobs but the levers should be no problem. Better test it first in a sink.
            IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Rpmtech1
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Dec 2009

Im gonna make mine from 1/8 Acrylic sheet probably (maybe lexan though, would be a safer bet) But i can get the acrylic locally... Can strategically place pushrod seals if switches want to be activated etc. But the main thing you really need is just the sticks

thats where these come in

Lots of their bellows have minimum orders, but luckily these dont.

Youyt TX sticks would need to be longer, but thats easy. And you can use positive EXPO so you dont have to move the longer stick too far and keep the same "feel"
              Last edited by Rpmtech1; 05-14-2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

OH MY! I forgot about the antenna!!
                IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Rpmtech1
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Dec 2009

I was really thinking about this case as i dripped some water on my beloved 9303 TX last night testing the Neger...

Comment

Working...