X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

3D Seaview?

Anyone planning on doing a 3D Seaview? Would be interesting.
    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

Crickets. Chirp, chirp.

Comment

• SubDude
      Captain
      • Dec 2019

I would certainly like to see it.

Comment

• Rick Teskey
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Jan 2009

Do you mean printed? Why there are kits still out there 38-58 inches long

Comment

• SubDude
          Captain
          • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Rick Teskey
          Personally I would prefer something bigger so then I could print it as big as I want.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Rick Teskey
            Oh, so right you are, great white-beast from the Great Northern waste lands of squid-tossing and bacon.

Back in the day Rick produced many SEAVIEW 'kits' In several different scales. This guy contributed his knowledge (a physical study of the various versions of the submarines 'manta' like bow strakes he graciously produced and shared) that helped Moebius to produce the most accurate and easy-to-assemble kits of this submarine... still available if you look. Also, Rick Teskey is one of the original guys --along with Ray Mason, Dennis DeBoer, me and a few other pioneers -- to get this unique submarine type to actually work in a credible manner as an r/c model submarine.

And there is the excellent line of SEAVIEW kits, TV and movie version, offered by Moebius as proper injection formed products. You bum's still have some talent left to glue styrene bits together, don't you?

And look around, you'll still find the different sized GRP SEAVIEW kits produced by Dennis DeBoer when he was in the game.

Where the hell were you Replicator Worshipers when right under your noses, right now, there are kits of this magnificent beast?

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
              Welcome to my underwater realm!
              • Aug 2009

I just nabbed a DeBoer 84" monstrosity. It's in the UK right now, but we're working through logistics of getting it over here. I'm pretty excited. Frank's monster boat got me thinking about all the cool stuff that such a big hull could allow!

Comment

• Das Boot
                Rear Admiral
                • Dec 2019

I could buy a kit, but cutting plastic to place the WTC is above my pay grade. Then there is finding a WTC for it. I was just curious if anyone had tried the 3D route.

Comment

• Josellas Tiberius
                  Ensign
                  • Aug 2021

I was building a static 8 window 39 inch Moebius Seaview for a client and decided to work on my 8 window 32 inch Lunar Models Seaview in tandem. On the Lunar models kit I did employee spare pieces from a Moebius kit, three hatches from a Deboer Hulls kit, red and green Plastruct fluorescent acrylic rods, spare styrene sheet, Evans Design 3 volt LEDs and Testors white contour putty and various grey paints. It all came together with some patience and extra work but it all worked out well. A custom display base was whipped up with tiny plastic sea figures purchased from Hobby Lobby to add to enhance the model. I wasn't happy with my sail windows so I may redo them in the future. Yes, the configuration is not as close as the Moebius version but it still works up into a pretty close facsimile of the well know boat.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Josellas Tiberius
                    I was building a static 8 window 39 inch Moebius Seaview for a client and decided to work on my 8 window 32 inch Lunar Models Seaview in tandem. On the Lunar models kit I did employee spare pieces from a Moebius kit, three hatches from a Deboer Hulls kit, red and green Plastruct fluorescent acrylic rods, spare styrene sheet, Evans Design 3 volt LEDs and Testors white contour putty and various grey paints. It all came together with some patience and extra work but it all worked out well. A custom display base was whipped up with tiny plastic sea figures purchased from Hobby Lobby to add to enhance the model. I wasn't happy with my sail windows so I may redo them in the future. Yes, the configuration is not as close as the Moebius version but it still works up into a pretty close facsimile of the well know boat.
                    How about some pictures, Joel. Don't be shy! (this guy and I go way back, his work has to be seen to be believed -- a top-notch model-builder).

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...