X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinksalot
    Commander
    • Mar 2020

just wondering who made this WTC

I was just wondering who made this WTC? Its a dual shaft, but the gearing at the end was cracked and i removed it. I may need to get or make a new endcap. The ballast tank is 16 inches long. The person I got it from said he was going to use it in a 1/32 scale type 7.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2516.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	150773
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Me. Back when dinosaurs ruled the Earth.
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Sinksalot
      Commander
      • Mar 2020

Well I going to try and bring this WTC back to life. the design is sound. I think I will try to add a air pump to help in surfacing

Comment

• Sinksalot
        Commander
        • Mar 2020

Hmm, I tested for 3 hours under water and no leaks with the main O-rings or push rod seals. that did surprise me, do to how old this has to be. I guess when something is made good, it last a long time. I put tape over the two shaft holes, till I add two shaft seals.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Sinksalot
          Hmm, I tested for 3 hours under water and no leaks with the main O-rings or push rod seals. that did surprise me, do to how old this has to be. I guess when something is made good, it last a long time. I put tape over the two shaft holes, till I add two shaft seals.
          I'll help were I can. What parts do you need?

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Sinksalot
            Commander
            • Mar 2020

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

I'll help were I can. What parts do you need?

David
            Thanks for the offer David. You have a good name, same as mine, or is mine the same as your. I going to first take the WTC apart. Even know it seems that the seals are still working, I want to replace all the seals. So I going to first see what i can do, if I get into trouble I will ask for help.

thanks
            David

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by sinksalot

thanks for the offer david. You have a good name, same as mine, or is mine the same as your. I going to first take the wtc apart. Even know it seems that the seals are still working, i want to replace all the seals. So i going to first see what i can do, if i get into trouble i will ask for help.

Thanks
              david
              if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Sinksalot
                Commander
                • Mar 2020

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Very true. Well I looked at all the seals. All the rubber o-rings are fine. Its like this WTC was never used, ever. As the wiring inside was never hooked up, motors never usedThis is how I got it, before I took it a part to check it. Its in the foreground.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2510.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	150822
                Attached Files

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                  Welcome to my underwater realm!
                  • Aug 2009

Those old D&E cylinders are bulletproof. I have a couple of them on the shelf here and they work as well as they did when they were first put together. Definitely something to be said for simplicity and reliability.

Today, everyone wants all the bells and whistles, but in my opinion, the best boats are the ones that work. You can have your fancy electronic retracting thing-a-ma-giggies and automatic extendamatic peripherals. Have fun tinkering with those while I run my boat in the actual water...

Bob

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by SubHuman
                    Those old D&E cylinders are bulletproof. I have a couple of them on the shelf here and they work as well as they did when they were first put together. Definitely something to be said for simplicity and reliability.

Today, everyone wants all the bells and whistles, but in my opinion, the best boats are the ones that work. You can have your fancy electronic retracting thing-a-ma-giggies and automatic extendamatic peripherals. Have fun tinkering with those while I run my boat in the actual water...

Bob
                    YEAH! ...what he said.

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...