What is the correct paint scheme for Seaview?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Groot689
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Mar 2016

What is the correct paint scheme for Seaview?

I have almost finished preparation of the lower and upper hull and have applied several coats of grey primer. I guess its time to start thinking about what the correct color scheme should be for my Deboers Seaview. I would not be surprised if this question has come up before now but I thought I would throw it out there nonetheless. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2753.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	140669
  • Groot689
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Mar 2016

Thanks Dave,
    I was confident that you had the answer. Many thanks once again. What color are the racing stripes?

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

David,
      The second photo down - this one
      Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
      David
      Shows a really dark gray paint, did it change?

Peace,
      Tom
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

Thank you, very interesting and I agree photos can go through different color changes. Also between a movie and tv series studios can have difference too. I guess it is like our WW II fleet boats, pick a sub and a timeframe because they changed through the life of the boat.
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

verrrry interesting.

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

That is interesting.....no really. I posted and got an unapproved post (see photo).
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 9.20.40 AM.png
Views:	267
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	140720

That is a first time for seeing it.
            Peace,
            Tom

Comment

• Bob Gato
              Captain
              • Feb 2019

Tom...what did you really say??!! HaHa, was it possible that you edited something in that post 3x in succession! -it will kick right out... Or possibly misspelling very the way you did red flagged as being a bad swear word in come obscure dialect.

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

I don’t know Bob, maybe it was the Hogan’s Hero accent I used. LOL

Comment

• Groot689
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Mar 2016

David, can you recommend any primer grey paint brands that might be more readily available out of the rattle can? Dupli Color, Tamiya etc? The three so called primer grey products I have tried have the blue tint. Ugh.

Comment

• Das Boot
                    Rear Admiral
                    • Dec 2019

The 17 foot Seaview was always filmed outside. The paint won’t look the same on the smaller versions used underwater. Lighting also affects the real color. The paint on the Enterprise, on Star Trek, hardly looked anything like the real thing in person. But Dave’s paint looks as good or better than the real thing anyway.
                    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

Working...