• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george
    Captain
    • Dec 2010

Question for HWSNBN Akula Submarine

Hello Sir

I was wondering IF you had in your inventory the possibility to produce a prop. and periscopes for a 1/144 Akula. Also the prop would be for a 3/16" shaft.
    If you are able to make them, do I order through Bob?

Please let me know.
    Thanks for your Time and Help Sir.
    George
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

nope...……..
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• george
      Captain
      • Dec 2010

Well again Thanks for your Help. Would you know of any North American source?

Comment

• Rick Teskey
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Jan 2009

The Dumas kit is 1/144th does it not have parts? If this is what you are trying too dress up? If it is , it is still a Dumas akula!
        solder some brass together , glue some stuff bondo sculpt, an original one off , you get gratification of doing it yourself even if it does not turn out the way you want it you tried and honed your skill . You can do it!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Rick Teskey
          The Dumas kit is 1/144th does it not have parts? If this is what you are trying too dress up? If it is , it is still a Dumas akula!
          solder some brass together , glue some stuff bondo sculpt, an original one off , you get gratification of doing it yourself even if it does not turn out the way you want it you tried and honed your skill . You can do it!
          Yeah! What he just said, George! Enough with the Q&A. Into the shop with you, and don't come out till you have some work to show us.

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• george
            Captain
            • Dec 2010

You got it BUT No it`s not a dumas kit. It`s a 3D kit being printed.

Comment

• bwi 971
              Captain
              • Jan 2015

Hi george

Scopes and antenas

have a look at my antenna work for the VICTOR III.......If this is what you want I can scale it to 1/144.

Prop

Think you made another post requesting a prop for a mk1? same project?

Don't understand what you mean here, there ar four types of akula's
              • The original Akula I,
              • The quieter Akula I Improved,
              • The Akula II and
              • The Akula II Improved
              But up to my knowledge they al have a 7 blade high skewed prop, again have a look at my VICTOR III prop I can scale it to 1/144.

Scoops,

Do you refer to the scoops for the cooling of the reactor or the SOKS?

If you mean the scoops, see the VICTOR III, the early AKULA's had the same circular ones, also can scale them to 1/144.

Grtz,

Bart

Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
              "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• george
                Captain
                • Dec 2010

Hi Bart
                Thanks for your reply.
                Yes I am NOT sure of what version Akula the model represents, best guess Ver.1
                I need a 1/144 propeller with a 3/16" shaft center hole.
                I need 1/144 Periscopes.
                I need the 1/144 water cooling scoops.

Here is the online 3D site for the Akula Submarine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhjZXFOHIdw

If you can help me, please let me know here through a private message.

Thanks Bart
                George

Comment

Working...