X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Groot689
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Mar 2016

Light bezels for submarines-

As redirect my efforts on the Seaview I discover that the flood lights underneath the bow and in the front center need to be replaced. The stock units feature metal bodies and clear acrylic lenses. I was able to fabricate two replacement flood lights underneath the bow but the forward 3/4 inch light is a problem. Does anyone know of a good source of scale miniature light assemblies? I tried several radio control car resources but they just dont look the same. Any help would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2148.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	135766

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Make your own: Simply turn a length of Acrylic rod, of appropriate diameter. Onto the lens side shape it as a convex lens, on the back-side drill a hole to accept a bulb and you're done.

David
    The Magnificent
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Groot689
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Mar 2016

Great suggestion but what about the larger 3/4 flood light... same approach? I am concerned about replicating the metal bezel or ring around its diameter,

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Groot689
        Great suggestion but what about the larger 3/4 flood light... same approach? I am concerned about replicating the metal bezel or ring around its diameter,
        Same as I described for the lens. The bezel is a simple lathe job. By the way, the FS-1 version of the 17-foot miniature did not have bezels -- that configuration faithfully captured on the Mobius kit.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Groot689
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Mar 2016

That's it! That makes complete sense and makes my job a whole lot easier. I believe I can make the lens with no trouble. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...