• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george
    Captain
    • Dec 2010

Looking for Special Receiver Information / Help

Hello
    I would like help from anyone who would know what the Smallest physical size receiver is available on the market and can you show me a link to it please, for the following parameters:

Futaba 75Mhz FM Dual Conversion System at least 4 channel.

I have some plans to go nuts and work on a few small submarine models with WTC`s so I would like to know IF there is any such receivers on the market.
    Any help, would be Greatly appreciated!

Yes I am planning to post a build log IF I can find Small receivers to fit my need.

Why the above parameters? That is the system I have and I like to use for bigger subs.

Thanks for your help here.

George
  • Tom Spettel
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Dec 2009

sry but i dont think there ismuch 75 mhz stuff left out there
    but this place has the smallest reciver i have ever seen
    a friend of mine is using there 915 stuff and he is able to
    go 3 feet under with it
    FrSky main rc hobby product lines include rc radio, receiver, modules, flight controllers, sensors and various areas of tele-communication, RC model.

Comment

• george
      Captain
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Tom Spettel
      sry but i dont think there ismuch 75 mhz stuff left out there
      but this place has the smallest reciver i have ever seen
      a friend of mine is using there 915 stuff and he is able to
      go 3 feet under with it
      https://www.frsky-rc.com/
      Hi Tom

Thanks for the link BUT could you send me specific link to the one your friend uses in his submarine. ALL I could see was for airplanes.
      Thanks again
      George

Comment

• Tom Spettel
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Dec 2009

TR9 = normal
        R9 slim+ = small
        R9 mm = tiny
        small & tiny need wiring harness for servoshis

Last edited by Tom Spettel; 08-31-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• george
          Captain
          • Dec 2010

From what I have seen of that product, it is in the 900mhz range and not 75Mhz so ALL my Futaba gear will not work with it. Also is it legal in North America?

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

I do not know about all North America, but it is legal in the U.S.A. and you do not need a HAM license to use.
            George you will need to look up Canada's laws.
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• george
              Captain
              • Dec 2010

Not an issue here either would just have to buy an radio and receivers to go to the small sub I planned on building. Too much at this time I guess.

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

George what are you building?
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• type7
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Apr 2009

At one time GWS had a very small receiver that Mikes Subworks sold. Don't know how you would find one now days.

Comment

• george
                    Captain
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by trout
                    George what are you building?
                    Hi trout

I have / had wish to build a Bronco Seehund XXVIIB/B5 Midget Submarine CB35053 1/35. I would like it to be a Static Diver with an internal air bladder and use air from the WTC into the air bag and back into the WTC.
                    I know, it`s a hell of a small size project. I guess I have been corrupted by those on line videos.
                    I remember the GWS receivers too bad not around anymore.

Anyone know of a 4ch. mini / micro 75Mhz FM Dual Conversion Compatible receiver, let me know. I have Futaba on the brain and don`t want to have Multiple different radios in my collection. Already have a few.

Thanks again
                    George

Comment

• small sub guy
                      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                      • Dec 2009

75mhz FM Dual conversion FMA Direct Fury Futaba Type 1.75 long X .875 width X .75 tall, 4 channel Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0363.JPG Views:	1 Size:	6.1 KB ID:	134027
                      Last edited by small sub guy; 09-04-2019, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• small sub guy
                        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                        • Dec 2009

75mhz, FM, GWS, single conversion, 6 Channel, horizontal pins New in Box, Crystals UM-1 available at www.robotmarketplace.com, many channels available
                        (GWS in this size only made single conversion)
                        PM for price FMA or GWS Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0364.JPG Views:	2 Size:	6.2 KB ID:	134029
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0365.JPG Views:	1 Size:	6.3 KB ID:	134030

Attached Files
                        Last edited by small sub guy; 09-04-2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• george
                          Captain
                          • Dec 2010

Hello
                          Thank you for replying.
                          Since I have No idea I have to ask. I have a Futaba 75mhz FM radio that uses FPR127DF receivers. They use Dual Conversion Crystals.
                          Can I buy Single conversion crystals for the above listed receivers and put them in my Futaba radio and those receivers to use for my project?
                          What issues, if any, are there with using Single Conversion Crystals and is there a Better Channel to use then others for Submarine use?

Thanks again for the replies and Help.

George

Comment

• small sub guy
                            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                            • Dec 2009

Hey George,

My rule of thumb is to use the frequency that the Futaba radio is currently on, ex; channel 88, then buy a receiver crystal channel 88.
                            Step 1) If you want to use the GWS receiver, Single conversion receiver crystal go to https://www.robotmarketplace.com/sto...=true&type=AND to verify they have the
                            matching UM-1 crystal (GWS).
                            If you want to use the FMA receiver Dual conversion receiver you will need to search the net to find matching dual conversion receiver crystal.
                            In my Subs I use the single conversion mainly because of the size, Futaba receivers too big for me.
                            You only need a single conversion crystal in the single conversion receiver, no change to your radio Crystal, but they need to be on the channel and frequency.
                            You should not have any problems.
                            As for better channels to use, I use the ones that are not used by other members of my local club.
                            I hope this is clear, if not ask as many questions as you need.

Small Sub Guy

Comment

• george
                              Captain
                              • Dec 2010

Hi Small Sub Guy

To be sure I understood your posting. I can use my Futaba Radio with a Dual Conversion 75mhz FM Crystal in it BUT if I use FMA OR GWS receivers, I MUST use a Single Conversion Crystal in the receiver as long as it is the same freq. as the Radio crystal.
                              Is that Correct?

Thanks again for the help.
                              George

Comment

Working...