X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Gato
    Captain
    • Feb 2019

433mhz anyone

I was wondering how 433mhz does under water...I am considering building a very simple static dive micro sub and using a 433mhz 4 channel switch to operate it-they are small and cheap enough and they have the benefit of rolling frequency security. I'm sure not as good as 40mhz and I hope much better than 2.4ghz.
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Been proven to work, but how well the system you use will work depends on the wattage of the transmitter.

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Bob, a gentleman named Tim Senecal has pioneered using 433MHz in our slice of the hobby. He has done some amazing things, but the simple answer is yes, it will work.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Bob Gato
        Captain
        • Feb 2019

Well that's good to hear-I wonder what wattage these things work at and how deep will they go..

Comment

• Bob Gato
          Captain
          • Feb 2019

Thanks-this appears to be a very interesting subject-several links over in RGC were extremely informative...unfortunately I couldn't get the link in post #2 to work..

Comment

• type7
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Apr 2009

I would have to look but didn't Tim Senecal post an article on 433 Mhz on Subcommitee as well? Might be duplicated info.

Comment

Working...