X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

New model kits in 2011

Anybody have any info if there are any new plastic model kits suitable for RC conversion scheduled for release this coming 2011?
    Preferably 1/144 to 1/72 scale.
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Let's see ... :

Rick's 1/72 FOXTROT kit will be out soon after I deliver to him the long overdue fittings.

Joel's 1/72 SEAWOLF is awaiting me completing the pump-jet tools and parts.

I'm working with a major injection forming company on a line of 1/72 cold-war era submarines.

I'm still beating up on Brian Starks to release his 1/72 STURGEON class.

And I've just started work on an intermediate sized SKY-DIVER with the assistance of John Goode ...

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Merriman
      I'm working with a major injection forming company on a line of 1/72 cold-war era submarines.
      Wow.
      So we expect to see a 1/72 Permit or Sturgeon class in injection molded styrene some time soon.
      Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

The Permit - the GRP 1/72 kit from Joel at HMK is the finest sub kit I have ever had. Not sure I'd touch an injected one with a barge pole after seeing what kit perfection is in GRP. Then again case of wait and see I guess!

The 1/72 Sturgeon - yeah been after one of these for years.
        I have just purchased Joel's 1/72 long Permit hull which is identical geometrically (save for some minor details) to the early 637 boats (not the latter long hull Sturgeon). I have commissioned a sail and dive planes from a friend here.

In essence if you want a 1/72 Sturgeon there is a hull. The rear dive planes are identical to the Permit (you need to add your own PUFFS vertical tabs though). The rear rudders are the same as the Permit, the deck detail save for the safety track and a couple of hatches need some re-work. All your need do is build a sail and sail planes which using Greg Sharpe's plans are pretty much straight forward (I am so flat chat at work, I organised a friend to do mine, -yeah I am lazy).

Best
        John
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
        Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Tugfan
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Merriman
          Let's see ... :

Rick's 1/72 FOXTROT kit will be out soon after I deliver to him the long overdue fittings.

Joel's 1/72 SEAWOLF is awaiting me completing the pump-jet tools and parts.

I'm still beating up on Brian Starks to release his 1/72 STURGEON class.

And I've just started work on an intermediate sized SKY-DIVER with the assistance of John Goode ...

David,
          Get off your ass and get the Skipjack back in production.

Comment

Working...