• Jun 2013

CASWELL Underwater Camera

Are these cameras still available?

Do they have a good resolution?

Where can you get them from?
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

First off, a bit of housekeeping: Be sure you note the difference between Sub-Driver.com and Caswell Plating. Caswell is now entirely separated from subs and handles completely different products. Sub-Driver.com transferred ownership to the Nautilus Drydocks back in November and is now operating as the Nautilus Drydocks.

I assume you're referring to the waterproof Oregon Scientific cameras that were sold years ago. Those are no longer being offered, however there are a whole host of new camera options that you can get cheaply and easily through companies like Amazon. I recently grabbed this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Great value for $40!
    • With a 170 degree field of view, record videos in outstanding 1080p and 720p, and record audio with a built-in high quality microphone. Capture 14PM still, burst-shot, and time lapse images.
    • The iON Air Pro Camera is extremely durable and waterproof WITHOUT a case up to 10 meters/30 feet.
    • Storage: Micro SD/Micro SDHC minimum class 6, recommended class 10 up to 32gb (not included). Battery life: approx. 2.5 hours
    • Wi-Fi PODZ included to enable Shoot/Share functionality allowing real time upload to social media platforms; Compatible with all iON Accessories and Mounts.
    • Apple and Android App allows you to check your camera’s content from your smart device, or upload straight to cloud or social media sites in seconds—without ever touching your camera. Shoot in HD, Share in Real-Time.

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Bob,
      That is a fantastic find! Maybe David needs to make a towing package for this model!
      Peace,
      Tom
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
        Bob,
        That is a fantastic find! Maybe David needs to make a towing package for this model!
        Peace,
        Tom
        Towing package. A length of the two-pound fishing line you recommended will do it, Tom ... and maybe a long stick to stabilize the things.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

Have you played with that line? I had images of you calling me names as you tried to tie it. I have trouble doing that. Did it help?
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
            Have you played with that line? I had images of you calling me names as you tried to tie it. I have trouble doing that. Did it help?
            First off, Tom, I want to thank you publicly for sending me that small mono-filament line. This weekend I used it at Israel Fest and the footage shows (or does not show) how effective it is. I hope to have that up on YouTube this week. Good stuff.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
              Admiral
              • Jul 2011

David, not fishing for a thank you, so thank you for the thank you. I was more interested in if it helped.
              Glad it did! Now I know what to use :-)

Comment

• HardRock
                Vice Admiral
                • Mar 2013

I just noticed that ALL of these fine examples of the artisan's art are in 1/96 scale!!! That's right folks - 1/96 scale. I rest my case - not that my case needs a rest, I'm just sayin'

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5048.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	441.2 KB
ID:	121419

Comment

• HardRock
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Mar 2013

Maybe that Kilo is a ring in. Pesky Ruskies!

Comment

• Aug 2008

CRAFT!!! .... it's craft, god-******! Art is guys who take b&w photos of whips up peoples butts. I am a ****ing Craftsman!

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by HardRock
                      Maybe that Kilo is a ring in. Pesky Ruskies!
                      That's the little 1/144 Trumpeter KILO kit. Always my second-best runner at the pool. I did bring along the SWM 1/96 KILO, but it was in the water when that shot was taken. Here it is:

That model has Kevin McLeod's Depth Controller. Making it the perfect model to let kids drive (under close supervision). All they have to do is steer as I mother-hen the throttle.

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Mar 2013

You? Mother hen? Craftsman? What ever next.

Comment

• HardRock
                          Vice Admiral
                          • Mar 2013

There's a bit of late night Zulu-ing going on here.

Name:	IMG_1301.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	121425

Name:	IMG_1300.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	121426

Comment

• Pawly
                            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by SubHuman
                            First off, a bit of housekeeping: Be sure you note the difference between Sub-Driver.com and Caswell Plating. Caswell is now entirely separated from subs and handles completely different products. Sub-Driver.com transferred ownership to the Nautilus Drydocks back in November and is now operating as the Nautilus Drydocks.

I assume you're referring to the waterproof Oregon Scientific cameras that were sold years ago. Those are no longer being offered, however there are a whole host of new camera options that you can get cheaply and easily through companies like Amazon. I recently grabbed this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Great value for $40!
                            • With a 170 degree field of view, record videos in outstanding 1080p and 720p, and record audio with a built-in high quality microphone. Capture 14PM still, burst-shot, and time lapse images.
                            • The iON Air Pro Camera is extremely durable and waterproof WITHOUT a case up to 10 meters/30 feet.
                            • Storage: Micro SD/Micro SDHC minimum class 6, recommended class 10 up to 32gb (not included). Battery life: approx. 2.5 hours
                            • Wi-Fi PODZ included to enable Shoot/Share functionality allowing real time upload to social media platforms; Compatible with all iON Accessories and Mounts.
                            • Apple and Android App allows you to check your camera’s content from your smart device, or upload straight to cloud or social media sites in seconds—without ever touching your camera. Shoot in HD, Share in Real-Time.
                            Thanks for clearing this up, SubHuman.

Comment

Working...