• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Looking for post

Hi.
    I'm having trouble locating a specific post about the amount of leads weights needed to ballast the Trumpter Kilo. Can somebody please direct me to the said post. Thanks.
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • Outrider
    Commander
    • Aug 2008

I haven't seen anything from David posted on this important detail. (And the Kilo is the recommended beginner kit, too.)

While you're asking, we also need to known the general placement of closed cell buoyancy foam--every bit as important as the weight in the keel.

The only help we can get is something close regarding the type, amount, and placement of ballast.

Same goes for the foam...type, amount, and placement.

Lots of variables... battery, Snort installation, SubDriver type (I have an older model which seems to be different than what's currently available), etc. Each of these factors will influence the precise amount and placement of ballast...but we need to hear from the cave on this.
    Last edited by Outrider; 12-12-2010, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

If I remember it correctly I think it was Kazzer who posted it.

Comment

• pigaro
        Ensign
        • Oct 2010

I found this while digging around.

Comment

• Outrider
          Commander
          • Aug 2008

Well that figures... Now David is writing his Cabal reports in pencil inside Mike's submarine. Too much production work, I guess.

I can hear a voice grumbling from the cave...

"Look, I put it out there... Were you expecting it on a silver platter? You found it, now move along...

What a bunch of Amateurs... Sheesh! Nothing but kit assemblers... Instructions? Hah, I've been doing this for thirty years and nobody ever gave me instructions. Any chimp can see how the boat rides in the water. Just use weight and foam 'til it sits where it's supposed to."

I bet the only part I got wrong on this is the lack of "pink panty" words. ; )

I copied Mike's post over to the Kilo Cabal Report so it's easier to find...
          Last edited by Outrider; 12-14-2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• redboat219
            Admiral
            • Dec 2008

Yes that is the one. Thanks pigaro.

Originally posted by Outrider
            Just use weight and foam 'til it sits where it's supposed to."
            I guess you could do just that. The above weights is specific to a particular set up David made to his SD. It would vary accordingly to the components inside.

Comment

Working...