X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
    Refer to my first post -- it shows how to lay-out the propeller blade blank.

David
    I am pouring over your postings. I think I will begin hacking away. Post and ask more questions.

@Bart - Less than you. No one is more hated than you (although I have had my moments)! LOL
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• bwi 971
      Captain
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by trout
      I am pouring over your postings. I think I will begin hacking away. Post and ask more questions.

@Bart - Less than you. No one is more hated than you (although I have had my moments)! LOL
      LOL

Grtz,
      Bart
      Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
      "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

Still a coward on the prop.
        Built an upgrade for the walrus. The Walrus' got an upgrade in real life, it was a diffuser for the exhaust. The model as sold was a prior version. This began as a paper model pattern and I cut it out of plastic. and am at this point. I have to do several landings and fillings to go.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image_35287.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	122268
        I'll post more when I get the sub running.
        Attached Files
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• HardRock
          Vice Admiral
          • Mar 2013

Geeeez Tom. That looks like you drilled 400 tiny holes in that thing?

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

There is a story to that. I knew I could not drill accurately enough to make it neat. Earlier, I was asking about photo-etching because of these holes. When I was transferring the pattern onto the brass, it was not looking great. So, I played with using a 3D printer just for the hole pattern area. It came out ok, but still ran a drill bit by hand to clean up the holes. The 3D pieces were installed like etched brass.
            A little more fixing, then I will mold this up. Why? Because I know myself. I will wack this sail and destroy this and not have a backup. I need a backup!

Comment

Working...