Important Announcement!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

I've had a few folks ask what is going to happen to the forum.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Carry on as normal folks! This is the best place for model submarines!
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• radioman
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Jun 2015

Good luck to you and enjoy what you have.

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Kazzer
        I've had a few folks ask what is going to happen to the forum.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Carry on as normal folks! This is the best place for model submarines!
        Yes, I talked with Bob Martin last night and He said He had No plans to end the forum but that He would be making some refinements in the near future. It would have been such a shame to see this Quality Forum that Mike started, to go away, along with the loss of this valuable resource for building model Submarines. LONG LIVE the Subdriver Forum!!!
        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Scott T
          Commander
          • May 2009

Welcome to the new Captain of Sub-driver (Bob). Congratulations to Kazzer on the great business you have created and
          for foresight to place it in capable hands. Mr. M none of this would be without you at the center. Quit sniffing that black mold
          and get to work. I know @#^!% finish a boat myself!

Comment

• bassplayer1
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Mar 2010

A BIG thank you sir and good luck to whatever you do next!!!

Comment

• SSN SonarTech
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Jul 2012

Kazzer Thanks for all you have done and good luck in the future...Fair winds and Following Seas.. M sorry to here you are in the flood zone. Was kept out of my house for 2 days due to streets flooded. but water did not make it to house. Is there anything you need? Steve
              US Submarine Force: Making the Navy worthwhile since 1900

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SSN SonarTech
                Kazzer Thanks for all you have done and good luck in the future...Fair winds and Following Seas.. M sorry to here you are in the flood zone. Was kept out of my house for 2 days due to streets flooded. but water did not make it to house. Is there anything you need? Steve
                We're good here, Steve. Stop by and see how the shop is shaping up. Glad you kept dry. We got about fifteen-inches up the walls of the first-floor. But, upstairs is fine. Pity the poor guys with ranch type houses!

We might be doing a November run for the JCC. You game? If you don't have a boat to run I have plenty myself so you won't be hurting for a play-thing during the event.

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                  Admiral
                  • Jul 2011

David, didn't you go to a run somewhere when the storm hit your home? How did that go?
                  If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
                    David, didn't you go to a run somewhere when the storm hit your home? How did that go?
                    Hey, Tom.

Yeah, the 1/96 'fleet-run' put on by the Rocky Mount model boat club at the City Lake, NC. We initially cancelled out as the hurricane's track was being refined. But, at the last minute, the projections had the damned thing swinging out to sea during the weekend. So we went to the NC run. Sunday morning (about 1AM) we got a call from our granddaughter at home informing us that water was up to her ankles in the house -- it was that fast! The damned storm took a left and hit Virginia Beach while we were in NC, about 150 miles south of our home. As it turned out the storm flooded out the entire block we live on.

How did the run go in NC? Sucked! Late Friday morning -- soon after we arrived after the three-hour trip from Virginia Beach -- I got in some runs with my KILO and SKIPJACK subs. But, the rain started as I participated in a round-the-lake task-force exercise (the first time the KILO had been operated in open water, and the entire run done submerged using Kevin's magnificent depth-keeping device which made the chore an almost hands-off affair). And the rain never stopped from that point on! We didn't even go out Saturday. Solid rain. Most of us camped out in the lobby of the Candelwood hotel and swapped lies and argued over surface ship rivet counts and color schemes (I was ready to stick my head in a gas oven at that point). An enterprising member of the group rented a conference room in a nearby hotel and we spent the rest of Saturday there swapping more lies, counting rivets, talking color schemes, and eating pizza. No gas ovens in sight.

Not to be totally defeated, I got permission to run some of my subs in the hotels indoor pool. So, there! .... Matthew! And Eric (equally defiant) broke out his coast-guard cutter and set it sailing in the flooded hotel parking lot. Take that! ... Matthew!

Then the Sunday phone call that CHANGED EVERYTHING! During the frantic early morning drive up north I almost got swept away by rushing water (like a moron I got out the car to 'survey' the situation) as we took an exit trying to escape the flood waters sweeping over I-95. Scary **** the whole trip back! Late Sunday night we made it close to home but could not get to the house -- the streets were under three-feet of water. We camped out at my son's place a few miles away and on high ground.

Only Monday were we able to get to the house. What a mess! We're currently in clean-up mode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KygPXlQNA6Y

Here's some footage from the brief Saturday morning run before the rains swept in:

David
                    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 11-02-2016, 02:27 PM. Reason: I had the days of the week messed up ... and a bit more whining
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

The damned storm took a left and hit Virginia Beach while we were in NC, about 150 miles south of our home. As it turned out the storm flooded out the entire block we live on.
                      ]
                      If you'd have been smart, you'd have stayed at home and you could have run your submarines in the house.
                      Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• bwi 971
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Kazzer

If you'd have been smart, you'd have stayed at home and you could have run your submarines in the house.
                        ROFLMAO

by the way I saw only one person actually do something in the video footage the other one had even the time to do the footage in the first place and then kept nagging on forever about his brand-new workshop looked like a mess….....what’'s new, it always looked like that.

He had the opportunity to rearrange his whole workshop without questions asked from Ellie, he can take what seems like an endless break regarding the boring production work without questions asked from us, and he is in the middle of everyone’s attention and sympathy, and he still manage to complain, jeez how spoiled can you get.

Grtz,
                        Bart
                        Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
                        "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by bwi 971

ROFLMAO

by the way I saw only one person actually do something in the video footage the other one had even the time to do the footage in the first place and then kept nagging on forever about his brand-new workshop looked like a mess….....what’'s new, it always looked like that.

He had the opportunity to rearrange his whole workshop without questions asked from Ellie, he can take what seems like an endless break regarding the boring production work without questions asked from us, and he is in the middle of everyone’s attention and sympathy, and he still manage to complain, jeez how spoiled can you get.

Grtz,
                          Bart
                          (God! ... how quickly they turn on you!)

David
                          The Horrible
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Alberto Bassi
                            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                            • Jan 2012

Thanks Mr. Caswell for assembling this site for all to share and discuss. Excellent tool and excellent community.
                            Best of luck in the future.

Alberto.

Comment

• reddevil
                              Commander
                              • Jun 2009

Thank you for your kind attention during all this time. All the best for the future.

Comment

Working...