Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Ballast weights important announcement

I've decided to stop making the ballast weights. I got lumbered with the job because His Nastiness was too busy. The missus has moaned about the large number of good T Shirts I got the stuff all over, beside the door knobs, dinner spoons and other household items. Even dripped the stuff on the cat once. My workbench is a mess too. Worse, I nearly broke my neck when I spilled some shot on the floor. That bloody stuff is like ball bearings - I pirouetted around like a fairy! It's not funny! Stop laughing!

We have a few weights left, get 'em while they're hot, some Gatos, and Seaviews I think. All half price. Email me for the discount if you order online.

As for the future?

I'm producing a kit with pink foam, a small kit of epoxy, some lead shot, and strips of lead sheet.

I need to know what the largest amount of ballast weight you experts consider necessary for most boats.
    I realise I might need to work on a small and a large kit, so give me an idea of the weight each model needs please, along with a rough idea of the pink foam needed. My foam (Home Depot) comes in 1" thick slabs.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • ir3aus
    Lieutenant
    • Mar 2010

Lead Ballast

Hi Kazzer,

Could you please lead me to a discussion on ballasting and foaming any of the subs. I can not find any tutorial on how this is done. Do you put in enough lead to get the boat to float at the waterline? When you install the foam, what are you trying to achieve. "David Trims The Revell Type-7" is good if you had your lead castings and foam but alas they are no longer available. I need help on this or the boat will never get into the water. It is very frustrating to not being able to find information on this most important subject.

Thanks,

Iran
    There is a fine line between hobbies and mental illness!

Comment

Working...