X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Soryu class drawings?

Gents wondering if drawings / plans are avaliable for the Soryu class Japanese subs? If so where? Thanks John
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic
  • bwi 971
    Captain
    • Jan 2015

Keep getting errors when I post pictures don't know why.....I give it a try with a link to the pictures.

Grtz,
    Bart

Last edited by bwi 971; 01-25-2016, 04:09 PM.
    Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
    "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

does this picture come through ... test

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

Yes David picture comes through. Bart thanks for those. Any others for the hull sections? cheers John
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• HardRock
          Vice Admiral
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
          does this picture come through ... test

What the **** is that! It looks like a device for torturing cows!

Comment

• bwi 971
            Captain
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Slats
            Yes David picture comes through. Bart thanks for those. Any others for the hull sections? cheers John

No didn't find any....will look further this evening (local time).

Are you aware that RC sub work (or something) has a 1/96 model of it?

Grtz,
            Bart

"Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by HardRock

What the **** is that! It looks like a device for torturing cows!
              An early torpedo tube nest for the 1/72 ALFA. I have since simplified the launcher mechanism.

I have since greatly simplified the mechanism and made it more reliable and easy to reload

However, since the Chinese copied the mechanism, employ much cheaper production processes, and have put their product on the market we've dropped our line of torpedoes from the catalog. Darwinism at work.

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
                Vice Admiral
                • Mar 2013

Amazing stuff.

Comment

• bwi 971
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Slats

Tried every trick I knew ........no magic happend regarding the the sections.

Grtz,
                  Bart
                  "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• Slats
                    Vice Admiral
                    • Aug 2008

I have no interest in that boat in 1/96 scale. The Soryu will be (let me make the prediction) the replacement Collins boat, and in 1/72 scale it will sell here in Australia. 72 in this format is not overly big, it will allow for pool ops, big enough for lake running, and will be of interest to the guys at Task force 72. Thanks Bart.
                    John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• george
                      Captain
                      • Dec 2010

Hello HWSNBN
                      I need your clarity. I read above that you simplified and improved your torpedo launcher mechanism BUT since the Chinese copied it, you took yours off your site. I am CONFUSED does that mean your no longer selling torpedos and launchers? What Chinese site, what crap are they selling? Yours are a work of art.

George

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by george
                        Hello HWSNBN
                        I need your clarity. I read above that you simplified and improved your torpedo launcher mechanism BUT since the Chinese copied it, you took yours off your site. I am CONFUSED does that mean your no longer selling torpedos and launchers? What Chinese site, what crap are they selling? Yours are a work of art.

George

I can't find a site for them. I was presented with photos of their product. Though of different materials and form, the launching mechanism (which I developed) is the same. They can produce them quicker and cheaper. So, we've removed our product from the catalog. The complexity and labor of our product produced a near zero profit margin. So, this was the right call.

I don't do 'art'. I'm a Craftsman. Art is for pseudo-intellectual slobs and other fakes who can't/wont hold down a regular job -- wastes of flesh!

M
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Sam Victory
                          Commander
                          • Sep 2021

RC submarine, torpedo, torpedo model, R/C submarine, submarine model, torpedo system, torpedo launch

Response from 5 years later.
                          Here's a link to a video, I don't know if it's such a product and it's 3D printed to be mass produced. But one thing is for sure, it's almost the same structure and principle as Mr. David's torpedo launcher. So it is incorrect to produce it privately without permission, and strictly speaking it is illegal. I know the gentleman who made the 3D printed torpedo launcher, and today I specifically asked my friend about him making a 3D printed torpedo launcher. My friend told me that this 3D printed torpedo launcher did appear on Taobao in China, but it stopped selling a long time ago, probably for various reasons, I'm not too sure exactly. All in all, such behavior is really unforgivable because of the copyright and patent infringement. Since this was many years ago, there was not enough awareness of copyright, and since I could not contact the gentleman, I could not ask him about the story, so I think I need to apologize to Mr. David for him.Although the gentleman may not have seen what I wrote, he and I are both from China, and it is my duty to point out his mistake. To be honest, I really like Mr. David's mechanical torpedo launcher, and I have spent a long time studying all generations of Mr. David's torpedo launchers, from the most primitive to the latest, and now I have innovated my own. I have had many conversations with Bob Martin via email since last year, not only about the torpedo launcher, but also about his new WTC, which will be available soon, and I wish him all the best with his new product!

SamV

Comment

Working...