• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Forum migration! - We'll be going dark on Monday, Nov 12th, 2018

G'day all!

I'm finally getting my act together and migrating the forum database and server from Caswell to one of my own. Lance Caswell has been awesome at keeping things running while I got my feet under me, but I can't avail myself of his generosity any longer.

As a result, look for the forums to go dark on you starting Monday. I'm not sure how long it will take to transfer, test and reboot, so be patient!

Thanks, all!

Bob
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

….….….… and I'll be looking for you Bum's on the other side!

Till then.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Davidh
      Captain
      • Nov 2010

Wow, a Canadian saying 'G'day' all.

Next he'll be saying

'Budgie smugglers'

'Chucking a youey!'

and Calling Mc Donalds- "Maccas"

Or even ditching "Down under" which we are all tired of and calling it what the locals call it "Straya"

David H

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

So, did the conversion happen? It is Monday and the site is live!
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          • Aug 2009

Gave you jokers a day's leeway. Likely tomorrow, people.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
            • Aug 2009

Ahoy, guys. I've got my team lined up to perform the migration tonight, so it will likely go dark here by this afternoon.

You've been warned, so don't email me screaming that the forums are down (again).. ;)

Comment

• RCSubGuy
              • Aug 2009

We're back!

Good day, everyone!

As you are probably aware, the forums are (finally!) back up and running.

It was a long and frustrating journey due to how the old forum database was structured, which resulted in an absolutely massive file that was exceptionally difficult to migrate to the new hosting provider. In the end, we got it figured out thanks to the relentless work of a friend who knows more about this than I will ever conceive.

Some things to note:

1.) New address! No more sub-driver.com! The forums are now permanently hosted at https://forum.rc-sub.com. Change you bookmarks! Tell everyone else to change them, too!
              2.) Old bookmarks won't work! Due to the SSL settings on the old domain, your old bookmarks will get you an error message if you try to visit forum.sub-driver.com. I'm working on setting up a new security certificate for that site so that it will redirect properly, but until then, you get the error.
              3) Help me by looking around for broken stuff. If there are wonky threads, let me know and I'll see what I can do about cleaning them up. That said, bear in mind that we'll do the best we can from our end, but we need to evaluate each issue in terms of importance and may have to de-select repairs if they end up too time-consuming. (that's what you get for using a free site! ;))

Thank for your patience, everyone! I really appreciate it.

BUILD ON!

Bob Martin

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

Welcome back!
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• bwi 971
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2015

idem dito
                  grtz
                  Bart
                  Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
                  "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

Working...