X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Forums are back up and running!

As many of you know, we had a glitch with the forums over the last day or so. The hosting provider inadvertently deleted the servers that were hosting the forums. Getting it reinstated and back up required pointing to a new IP, which took a bit of time to propagate.

Obviously we're back up now. Thanks for your patience!

Bob
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Glad you are online again!
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• koimilgya
      Ensign
      • Jan 2018

That is the best technology we have now

Comment

• cliffhanger67
        Lieutenant
        • Oct 2013

just sent message on forum behavior. when writing or preparing for a post, the site keeps on timing me out. i am logged in. no option to save my post which took time to do. the auto save does not capture the entire composed post for posting. so i had to redo. then i am timed out again. i spent two hours on this. it appears one cannot post after x minutes while preparing the post.
        ditto with pictures. cannot load reason to big file.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          Welcome to my underwater realm!
          • Aug 2009

The timeouts are all hard-wired into the software. Not much I can do about that, unfortunately. I could potentially change up the photo size limits, but then the servers get filled with gargantuan photos. For sharing on the forums, there is no need for any photo bigger than 1600 pixels. Most cell phones will take up to 5000px photos, which is overkill (and then some) for what we need here.

Photos too big? No resizing software? Try right-clicking on the photo and then "share" to "mail recipient". In theory, most mainstream email programs will then give you the chance to change the resolution for emailing. Once you get to your compose window, just right click on the image and save-as a new file name.

Comment

Working...