• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SSN687
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Nov 2015

Groton Fun Run 2020

Ed
    Any idea when the Groton Fun Run at the Submarine Base this year (2020) might be happening?
    Thanks
    Ernie
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Maybe SubEd can chime in on this question. How about it Tupper-ware boy … have Ray and Joe come up with a date yet?

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• QuarterMaster
      Rear Admiral
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
      Maybe SubEd can chime in on this question. How about it Tupper-ware boy … have Ray and Joe come up with a date yet?

David
      Sorry, YOUR WTC is the ORIGINAL Tupperware per your German colleagues.

My memory is chaotic, but long.

When I last spoke to Joe Oliver, he was submitting a letter to the Command in hopes of getting it during the summer. Trying to circumvent MWR.
      He, for reasons I will no go into, abhors September weekend after labor day.

I have not heard from him since, and hoping Ray asks him in the near future, as Ray does the actual advertisement and "Cat herding".

Ed

v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by QuarterMaster

Sorry, YOUR WTC is the ORIGINAL Tupperware per your German colleagues.

My memory is chaotic, but long.

When I last spoke to Joe Oliver, he was submitting a letter to the Command in hopes of getting it during the summer. Trying to circumvent MWR.
        He, for reasons I will no go into, abhors September weekend after labor day.

I have not heard from him since, and hoping Ray asks him in the near future, as Ray does the actual advertisement and "Cat herding".

Ed

Touche, sir. (Damn you, Johann!)

Thanks for the update, Ed. Yeah, we'll see. I got a colander to get in order and we're well into the new year.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• QuarterMaster
          Rear Admiral
          • Sep 2015

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Touche, sir. (Damn you, Johann!)

Thanks for the update, Ed. Yeah, we'll see. I got a colander to get in order and we're well into the new year.

David
          They can say what they want, but I'm not exactly a fan of their "baby bottle" axial assembly either.

Too be honest, their not giving up the lake during the summer, especially now that Rock Lake is closed and it's the only swim hole. Back in the day the offers sacrificed for us.

We're lucky to have it at all.

As soon as I hear something I'll ping

v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
          NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
          USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by QuarterMaster

They can say what they want, but I'm not exactly a fan of their "baby bottle" axial assembly either.

Too be honest, their not giving up the lake during the summer, especially now that Rock Lake is closed and it's the only swim hole. Back in the day the offers sacrificed for us.

We're lucky to have it at all.

As soon as I hear something I'll ping
            Standing by.

European's …. sheeech! Love their engineering prowess, but damn! … once they settle on a 'method', they stick with it!

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SubLiminal
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Jan 2019

Groton Fun-Run 2020

To all, I received this info from Joe Oliver regarding the status of the Fun–Run.

“ I’ve been working with the Security folks at NLON. We’re trying to put together a package to present to Base leadership regarding the Fun Run.
              Things have been crazy at NLON because of this virus mess. I think we’ll get it sorted out when this dies down.
              The current projection is for the last weekend in July, Saturday the 25thand Sunday the 26th.
              This is the date we had for years for the SubRegatta until 9/11".

"The alternate date would be September 12 and 13, which is the weekend after Labor Day, as we did last September”.

When Joe has a firm date I will post it on the Forum.

Regards and keep well,
              Ray

Comment

Working...