Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Merriman Trims the Revell VII

Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • daveg
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jul 2009

How is wtc placed in hull of Type 7

Hello
    I was just wondering how the wtc was placed it the hull of type 7. Is the hull split like the Gato conversion? Or does it just slip in. Love the work done and this has given me some inspiration to tackle a new sub project.
    thanks
    Dave

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by daveg
      Hello
      I was just wondering how the wtc was placed it the hull of type 7. Is the hull split like the Gato conversion? Or does it just slip in.
      Dave
      It just slides in. We'll be posting more photos shortly.

Comment

• Outrider
        Commander
        • Aug 2008

Will this information (photos and some instructions) be a new cabal report or just a post? The Type VII info is getting scattered throughout the site. There's lots of good stuff, but it's getting harder to find.
        Last edited by Outrider; 07-21-2009, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Outrider
          Will this information (photos and some instructions) be a new cabal report or just a post? The Type VII info is getting scattered throughout the site. There's lots of good stuff, but it's getting hareder to find.
          All the Revell VII stuff should be here.

REVELL VII STUFF

If you find any elsewhere, let me know and I'll move it.
          Last edited by Kazzer; 03-03-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• ir3aus
            Lieutenant
            • Mar 2010

Lead Ballast And Foam for Revell Type-7

I see that Caswell is no longer producing the cast lead ballast weights and foam kit for the Type-7. Is there a detailed discussion on getting the boat trimmed. I read the "Merriman Trims the Revell VII" but that only covered the fine tuning. What I need is a beginners guide to ballast and trim. I remember in the Gato kit lead and foam were supplied but no clear instructions on installation. For the Type VII there is neither lead nor foam available.

Thanks,

Iran Ausley
            There is a fine line between hobbies and mental illness!

Comment

• ir3aus
              Lieutenant
              • Mar 2010

OK, never having trimmed a sub before, I will offer my take. The sub, complete with SD, is probably heavy at the stern so add lead ballast as far forward as possible to get the boat on an even keel (no pitch or roll component) with the ballast tank empty. From the video, it appears that it takes almost 14oz of ballast. Should enough weight also be evenly distributed to get the boat to the waterline. Once this is done, fill the ballast tank and distribute foam to get the desired amount of sail out of the water still maintaining zero pitch and roll.

IR3

Iran
              There is a fine line between hobbies and mental illness!

Comment

Working...