• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ir3aus
    Lieutenant
    • Mar 2010

Revell Type VII Sub Driver Flap Valve problem

Davie,

The flap valve on the ballast tank will not seal. I have tried smoothing out the seating surface; I have tried recentering the flap over the hole; I have tried various pressures on the lever used to seal the air escape hole and nothing helps. I used RTV around the outer surface where the flapper valve housing is attached to tube. There was air escaping through a gap where the rubber flap is attached to the housing.

Need help.

Iran
    There is a fine line between hobbies and mental illness!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by ir3aus
    Davie,

The flap valve on the ballast tank will not seal. I have tried smoothing out the seating surface; I have tried recentering the flap over the hole; I have tried various pressures on the lever used to seal the air escape hole and nothing helps. I used RTV around the outer surface where the flapper valve housing is attached to tube. There was air escaping through a gap where the rubber flap is attached to the housing.

Need help.

Iran
    E-mail me your mailing address and I'll send you two vent valve assemblies right away. dmeriman@aol.com

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Merriman
      E-mail me your mailing address and I'll send you two vent valve assemblies right away. dmeriman@aol.com

David
      and this is why gentleman you buy with confidence from David and Mike. Remember the sticker price with David and Mike means parts back up should something go awry. Excellent customer service.
      J
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
      Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

Working...