Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

2 crazy ideas for the safety float valve mod.

#1 Place the bottom tube tangentially to the float chamber instead of in the middle so as to impart a spiral airflow. Since the air has a longer path to travel it loses momentum and any water droplet carried falls to the bottom of the chamber.

#2 Divide the float chamber by a truncated cone with a small hole in the middle like a Belleville washer. This washer will act as a baffle to catch any droplet and direct it down into the lower chamber. A smaller float resides in the upper chamber to seal off the outlet pipe in case the chamber becames full.
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by redboat219
      2 crazy ideas for the safety float valve mod.

#1 Place the bottom tube tangentially to the float chamber instead of in the middle so as to impart a spiral airflow. Since the air has a longer path to travel it loses momentum and any water droplet carried falls to the bottom of the chamber.

#2 Divide the float chamber by a truncated cone with a small hole in the middle like a Belleville washer. This washer will act as a baffle to catch any droplet and direct it down into the lower chamber. A smaller float resides in the upper chamber to seal off the outlet pipe in case the chamber becames full.
      Interesting concepts.... I await pictures of your prototype and full report on your findings.

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
        Admiral
        • Dec 2008

My #2 concept is similar to what Sam V proposed but instead of a solid resin divider mine uses a Belleville washer.

Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Sam Victory
          Commander
          • Sep 2021

Originally posted by redboat219
          My #2 concept is similar to what Sam V proposed but instead of a solid resin divider mine uses a Belleville washer.
          Well, the safety float valve I designed can be divided into several parts, from top to bottom: the float, the resin gasket with "slope", and finally the water storage area at the bottom. I think the most important thing is to reduce the counterweight of the float, so as to improve the sensitivity of the float to the water buoyancy, so that even if the water with pressure is sprayed in, the float can respond well. The resin gasket may have some cushioning effect on the water with pressure.

Sam V

Comment

Working...