N -- SD foundation
      O -- thrust bearing foundations
      P -- deck and sail hold-down foundations
      Q -- hold-down magnets
      R -- propeller shafts
      S -- R.H. propeller
      T -- L.H. propeller

Application
      This fittings kit is specifically designed to convert the Revell 1/72 Type-9 submarine into a practical radio controlled model submarine, in conjunction with the recommended Sub-driver.
      The parts in this fittings kit have been reproduced from robust materials suited to the task. Additionally, this fittings kit makes it possible to integration our 1/72 weapon system within this model.
      Twin rudders have always been a head-ache to make work properly -- we've solved the problem for you by providing a rudder mechanism that is easily assembled and slips into the lower hull with the minimum of fuss.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0274.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	103214Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2253.JPG
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	103215Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2276copy.jpg
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	103216Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8433.JPG
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	103217Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8443.JPG
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	103218Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8447.JPG
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	103219Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8462.JPG
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	103221Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8460.JPG
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	103220Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8477.JPG
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	103222Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8497.JPG
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	103223Click image for larger version

Name:	Fittings kit list.jpg
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	103213
    Order Online here
    Last edited by Kazzer; 01-16-2015, 10:07 PM.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Here's the WIP thread for the Revell Type-9 assembly and outfitting for r/c use: http://forum.sub-driver.com/showthre...ghlight=type-9

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• small sub guy
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Dec 2009

Thank you Sir.
      I just ordered one.
      Also have an ez Sub Driver ariving next week.
      Last edited by small sub guy; 01-17-2015, 12:10 AM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by small sub guy
        Thank you Sir.
        I just ordered one.
        Also have an ez Sub Driver ariving next week.
        Excellent. I know that the fittings kit is a hunk of change, but I think you'll find the running gear and rudder mechanism worth the price alone.

And stay in touch here -- I'll get you over any rocky areas you encounter along the assembly.

M
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Al Lintz is one of my retired-navy buddies from way back. This bum currently is the senior engine and air-frame guy for the big 'fighter factory' museum/airdrome out in Pungo -- this nations largest collection of flyable WW-1 and WW-2 era war-birds. His idea of a 'vacation' is cramming his ass into the front end of the only flying British Mosquito (a very, very hot strike-bomber), and making the summer air-show circuit with the pilot-owner -- his task to keep the thing in flying shape for both ferry and show flights.

As a youngster this nut-ball Gunner's Mate crewed on fast-boats in Vietnam. We watched Apocalypse Now. He lived it! After that horse-****, Al spent the remainder of his navy career running the armories aboard most of the underway and in-port duty stations he was stationed at.

How this certifiable nut-job got his FAA tickets for aircraft engine and air-frame work is beyond me! My personal misgivings aside, Al, in these parts, today, is the go-too guy for old war-bird restoration, repair, and overhaul work.

So, he and I have been playing with r/c submarines for decades. Recently he got a massive hard-on for the new Revell 1/72 Type-9. He bought a kit and we talked it over -- I told him to lay off the detail and painting till we got the fittings kit in and the SD outfitted and integrated within the hull. No, not this smart-ass: he installed the closure magnets, works out the linkages, and -- before even getting the SD -- details and paints the model! In record time, too.

Name:	DSCF2296.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	93274 Man! That's a nice looking model, Al! And the work he did on the gun-stations aft of the sail is noteworthy.

Name:	DSCF2302.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	93275 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2304.jpg
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	93276 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2306.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	93277 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2307.jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	93278

To be continued ....

M
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Von Hilde
            Rear Admiral
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
            Al Lintz is one of my retired-navy buddies from way back. This bum currently is the senior engine and air-frame guy for the big 'fighter factory' museum/airdrome out in Pungo -- this nations largest collection of flyable WW-1 and WW-2 era war-birds. His idea of a 'vacation' is cramming his ass into the front end of the only flying British Mosquito (a very, very hot strike-bomber), and making the summer air-show circuit with the pilot-owner -- his task to keep the thing in flying shape for both ferry and show flights.

As a youngster this nut-ball Gunner's Mate crewed on fast-boats in Vietnam. We watched Apocalypse Now. He lived it! After that horse-****, Al spent the remainder of his navy career running the armories aboard most of the underway and in-port duty stations he was stationed at.

How this certifiable nut-job got his FAA tickets for aircraft engine and air-frame work is beyond me! My personal misgivings aside, Al, in these parts, today, is the go-too guy for old war-bird restoration, repair, and overhaul work.

So, he and I have been playing with r/c submarines for decades. Recently he got a massive hard-on for the new Revell 1/72 Type-9. He bought a kit and we talked it over -- I told him to lay off the detail and painting till we got the fittings kit in and the SD outfitted and integrated within the hull. No, not this smart-ass: he installed the closure magnets, works out the linkages, and -- before even getting the SD -- details and paints the model! In record time, too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29733[/ATTACH] Man! That's a nice looking model, Al! And the work he did on the gun-stations aft of the sail is noteworthy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29734[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]29735[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]29736[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]29737[/ATTACH]

To be continued ....

M
            I made the mistake of putting the first hull together without the fittings kit and driver. The hull that I put the balast tanks in has some discrepancies that need to be addressed to accept the driver and has my own design rudders and planes controlls. Cart before the horse syndrom first try. No Big deal, just will make the first attempt a display. The second evolution hull is basiclly out of the box with the flood and linbers cut. I have fitted the driver and waiting on your fittings kit before I start gluing this time. Lintz was a GMG? I hung out with BSU-1 in 64-65 in the PI. We deployed to RVN Operation Market time after Tonkin incident. Familliar name but nobody our age looks like they use to. Nice job on the boat.
            Last edited by Von Hilde; 01-26-2015, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• small sub guy
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Dec 2009

The fittings kit arrived today.
              now the real work begins.
              Time to prepare the Type IX for all the cutouts.
              Thanx for your fittings kit
              Are there any places to cut out on the deck to vent the trapped air?

Comment

• Von Hilde
                Rear Admiral
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by small sub guy
                The fittings kit arrived today.
                now the real work begins.
                Time to prepare the Type IX for all the cutouts.
                Thanks for your fittings kit
                Are there any places to cut out on the deck to vent the trapped air?
                Not really necessary on the plastic deck, but if you wish to have an open deck, the brass photo etched is pricy, but fully detailed and open. I'm waiting on my fittings kit, which should arrive today. I am opening up the hull while I have been waiting, an will post more pictures later this weekend on my Revell Type IX project thread. I am building two separate hulls, One with the brass P/E flood holes, and one cut with simple tools. The P/E took about 10 hours to accomplish, The hand cut, I have around 24 so far and still have to cut the shaft holes. I will need the carriage bulkhead and the prop shafts to line up the cuts, this time, since on the first hull I made my own fittings and shafts etc.
                Last edited by Kazzer; 01-31-2015, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Von Hilde
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Oct 2011

Question for HNSNBN on the fittings kit, shaft bushing cradle. The set screw, on the stainless stop, sticks out and rubs on the hull even after I removed quit a bit of plastic aft of the seperation gusset on the rear section of the hull. I could grind the screw off a tad but it most likley not be removable again.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Von Hilde
                    Question for HNSNBN on the fittings kit, shaft bushing cradle. The set screw, on the stainless stop, sticks out and rubs on the hull even after I removed quit a bit of plastic aft of the seperation gusset on the rear section of the hull. I could grind the screw off a tad but it most likley not be removable again.
                    Grind a flat on the shaft, under the set-screw. The screw will set deeper into the collar, no longer making contact with the hull.

M
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...