• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Photo Etch Kit for the Revell VIIC 1:72 scale

Here are the instructions for the new PE Deck Kit

And here is the new kit!
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Von Hilde
    Rear Admiral
    • Oct 2011

Wow! thats a nice set. Looks quite complete

Comment

• george
      Captain
      • Dec 2010

That sure is a nice kit!

My question, is that kit for static display only? Or for use with a Static R.C submarine? Since I have NO experience with PE kits, how to secure them or join them together etc.
      George

Comment

• Von Hilde
        Rear Admiral
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by george
        That sure is a nice kit!

My question, is that kit for static display only? Or for use with a Static R.C submarine? Since I have NO experience with PE kits, how to secure them or join them together etc.
        George
        George, The deck itself is normally attached with magnets glued to the decking and hull. The little details such as hinges and small hatch covers are glued in place. The only drawback in operational use is the possibility of damage or loss of small pieces due to constant handling. I believe Otto designed it for R/C usage and static display. He incorperated details from several different PE sets that had been available for the 1:72type VIIs all into one kit. I have spent tons of money on buying all the PE I could find, just to put a particuar boat together with parts cobbed from each. Basiclly one stop shopping with this kit. Remember you dont have to put everything there is, on one boat. Two thumbs up

Comment

Working...