X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Coukl this Grenade be a Depth Charge?

See http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AC-AI-IMPACT-B.htm
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

It could, but the lethalness of the little balls, traveling through water, diminishes greatly with distance. And then there is the issue of all those little Air Soft balls in the pool or lake -- who's going to clean that mess up?

Nice toy for wannabe Action-Heroes (guys whose ****-size is inversely proportionate to war-gaming involvement), is of little utility to us.

Dry-ice bombs strike me as a more practical way to make things go boom in the water without the black-powder residue or other contaminates that might make a pool Manager angry with us.

David
    Last edited by Kazzer; 12-26-2011, 04:43 AM. Reason: grammar lethality?? = lethalness
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Merriman

Dry-ice bombs strike me as a more practical way to make things go boom in the water
      From shows I've seen on the Discovery Channel these things can be pretty powerful.
      Wonder if your standard FG-hulled sub can survive the shockwave from a blast say a meter away?
      Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Tugrat
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Jun 2010

Why are you worrying about cleaning up little plastic balls when if Dr P is around its just like the real thing. Slats can elaborate.

Comment

• Slats
          Vice Admiral
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Tugrat
          Why are you worrying about cleaning up little plastic balls when if Dr P is around its just like the real thing. Slats can elaborate.
          Remember what Pat Drake does, he does with a full license and his own insurance. That said you don't try anything like that at home.

Boys there are too many Nanny State officials around -whom I am finding are on the controlling side of our small branch of the hobby i.e. "Model Boats".
          For every Model Boat enthusiast who has no problems with subs whatsoever IME there's another one who hates submarines, and is loathed to share a waterway let alone make life easy for us. Maybe they have little dicks, maybe their mother dropped them on their heads, maybe their life partner is their greased right hand, or maybe they are jealous of anybody who can build or assemble an RC sub. Either way I don't give a ****. These **** heads can be overcome -no one kills my enjoyment, but the more we push the devices that look like weps, no matter how harmless they maybe, the more these idiots can make your life harder.

The deliberate nefarious approach to banning Sub Torpedoes here is a fight that we are slowly overcoming. Basically you win this fight through common sense and getting waterway owners onside directly. The Nanny state Model Boat crew approach to anything sub related IME is to approach any nervous insurance company or public official (as a favour to us) and mention all the nice calming words like "missiles", "torpedoes", "projectiles". They may as well be yelling "FIRE" in a packed theatre. They then get back to you and say "We tried to get permission for your activities, - really we did, but sadly no go"....Well Duh!

Be happy with what we have. I now have my local dam fully agreeable to my torpedo activities OUTSIDE of my model boat club.

Best
          J
          John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
          Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• herrmill
            Commander
            • Dec 2008

Not sure about you but I'd rather spend $90 on a nice 18-year old single malt.

Comment

• Tugrat
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Jun 2010

Unfortuantely the idiots and Darwin award winners and runner ups have made life harder for us.

When I was young - you could purchase exploding fireworks (Tom Thumbs, Penny Bungers etc) that some people used to use in plastic models. These were banned, then ballshooters were banned and finally all fireworks. The only thing that you can now purchase is sparklers.

Airsoft devices are banned in Australia. I liked what I saw - if I lived in the US I would purchase some but also with caution. In certain circumstances they could be mistaken for the real thing with tragic consequences.

Comment

• Kazzer
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Tugrat
                Unfortunately the idiots and Darwin award winners and runner ups have made life harder for us.
                This is my advice to those suffering from idiots and Darwin award winners etc -- spoken so eloquently from Dave
                Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Slats
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kazzer
                  This is my advice to those suffering from idiots and Darwin award winners etc -- spoken so eloquently from Dave
                  Priceless - I don't have the tats / body art / or piercing - but that guy could well be my twin.
                  John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
                  Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Tugrat
                    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                    • Jun 2010

I could do with the "Reverand Dave" down at the local pond . Too many do gooders feeding the birds on the surrounding grass despite the signs prohibiting it. Dave teaching them how to read would be priceless.

Comment

• Reckless
                      Lieutenant Commander
                      • Jan 2012

the scale of the boat you'd need to dump AI tornado's would be huge.. LOL

as for cleaning up the lil balls... airsoft Bio BB's they break down with moisture (IE water... they are ment to fall apart once it rains on em on the ground) ... I just got out of airsoft (guntech/custom builder) and back into RC watercraft

ai tornados are on the big side even for grenade size... and the impact portion I doubt you could set it off hitting the water unless you threw it from land... and they spin when they go off ... if it DID go off underwater at the pin end gas and bb's would shoot out and it would go on wonky underwater... it wouldn't blast in 360....

I do have some airsoft grenades that blast in a 360 if you'd like a pic or reference... and you can get like 3 of em for the price of 1 AI tornado... they just aren't anywhere near as reliable as the AI tornado

Comment

Working...