Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Thunder tiger rtr neptune submarine

We're pleased to announce we are stocking the Thunder Tiger Ready To Run Neptune Submarine

Our introductory price is only $520.00
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tt7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	100073Click image for larger version

Name:	tt6.jpg
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	100074Click image for larger version

Name:	tt10.jpg
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	100075Click image for larger version

Name:	tt2.jpg
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	100076Click image for larger version

Name:	tt8.jpg
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	100077Click image for larger version

Name:	tt11.jpg
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	100078Click image for larger version

Name:	tt4.jpg
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	100079Click image for larger version

Name:	tt12.jpg
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	100080Click image for larger version

Name:	tt5.jpg
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	100081Click image for larger version

Name:	tt1.jpg
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	100082Click image for larger version

Name:	tt10.jpg
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	100075
    PM me to order until we have this model on the web page.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

The neptune is a very good boat. Somewhat over engineered cylinder IMO (do you really need six studs to fasten an endcap?!) and there have been some issues with the electronics, although this seems to be more prevalent amongst the version supplied as a kit.

Many users swap out the supplied lead acid battery for Ni-mH packs which give longer running times.

With bit of imagination you can quickly overcome the somewhat toy-like appearance of the standard model.

Pictured, is a modified Neptune by Colin Stevens. He rather liked the Nekton Alpha/Beta/Delta type subs, and the Neptune is quite close in appearance although it also closely mimics the Perry submersibles boats of the '60's and 70's. I sent him some pictures and drawings and he came up with this model.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

MANUAL part 1

MANUAL part 2

and

CATALOG

now available for download.

Comment

• jim h
        Lieutenant
        • Aug 2008

Mike drop me a email if you have one of these in stock right now . I have been waiting for one for my wife for two months and just got her money back.

Jim

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

No such luck! My first order has been stymied by Ace Hobby going out of business suddenly and another USA distributor being appointed by Thunder Tiger. We wait for them to get their act together. Goodness knows how long that will take. I have an order in to them.

Comment

• Kazzer
            • Aug 2008

I have just received my Neptune, purchased from Bob Martin. We patiently wait for the shipment to arrive from Thunder Tiger, towards the end of February. Bob made a modification on the planes which looks as if it may make the boat more sensitive. He's also installed a platform in the forward bubble-nose. I have the perfect camera for it too, so this should be fun.

I can't get over the size of this boat, its enormous, and extremely well made. The carrying handle is a great idea too!

Bob told me the battery charger for this model is pitiful and only charges the battery to 1/3rd capacity, so he used a trickle charger to bang it right up. I'd be interested to hear opinions on what is needed as a wallwart to do this job. I have a good source for wallwarts, we use them in our plugnplate plating kits.

I'd like to think changing out the batteries is easy, but at this time, I can't even see them, they're buried in there somewhere. Probably better not take too much off yet, Mr. Merriman wants a look and he'll give me a bollocking if I mess it up!

It would be interesting to see how many Sub-driver members there are who possess one of these. Maybe a roll-call here?
            Last edited by Kazzer; 02-03-2011, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Kazzer
              • Aug 2008

Our inventory of Thunder Tiger Neptune submarines will be arriving this week!

Comment

• deepseadiver
                Commander
                • Aug 2008

Hi Subculture
                trying to get incontact with Colin Stevens

Jim A
                Last edited by deepseadiver; 10-15-2011, 01:52 PM.
                Put your mind to it. If there's a will there's a way!

Comment

• deepseadiver
                  Commander
                  • Aug 2008

The neptune is a very good boat. Somewhat over engineered cylinder IMO (do you really need six studs to fasten an endcap?!) and there have been some issues with the electronics, although this seems to be more prevalent amongst the version supplied as a kit.

Many users swap out the supplied lead acid battery for Ni-mH packs which give longer running times.

With bit of imagination you can quickly overcome the somewhat toy-like appearance of the standard model.

Pictured, is a modified Neptune by Colin Stevens. He rather liked the Nekton Alpha/Beta/Delta type subs, and the Neptune is quite close in appearance although it also closely mimics the Perry submersibles boats of the '60's and 70's. I sent him some pictures and drawings and he came up with this model.[/QUOTE]

Hi Subculture
                  how do i get a hold of Colin Stevens
                  he has done a great job with the modified version of this Neptune it looks awesome. Can you tell me where he got it or if he made it? I want that same conning tower I like it a lot. The tubes along the sides, also it really make it look more stable for touching down on the bottom.
                  I would like to do something like that to mine can you help me with those parts, that's if he made them or if i can be told how to start on them. I can also pay him to make them for me if he has the time? would be Much appreciated, the first picture, i attached is his sub. He did a great job on copying the real one.

Jim A
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by deepseadiver; 10-20-2011, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Subculture
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

No I didn't build it. I just supplied the pictures and information which Colin used for inspiration.

The conning tower was made from a piece of plastic pipe, with other parts constructed from plastic sheet.

Comment

• deepseadiver
                      Commander
                      • Aug 2008

Hi subculture

thanks for the information i will try to build one myself from scrach use some pvc tubing and some clear tubing for the inside were the windows are . Then Cut some plastic sheet work to make them bolding that goes on top of the hatch . I was hoping to find someone that wants to build it but i will go for it myself .

thanks for the update i will surprise everyone with my own design

Jim
                      Last edited by deepseadiver; 10-16-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• deepseadiver
                        Commander
                        • Aug 2008

looks like a place called Rid out plastics has everything i will need to build my conning tower so that will be a success just need to get the sub and get underway with the project . I herd from Mike C there will be many offered improvements with the prop, motor, and new snorkle system beginning of next year im looking forward to that.

Jim :)
                        Last edited by deepseadiver; 10-20-2011, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• deepseadiver
                          Commander
                          • Aug 2008

question i wanted to know i am thinking of placing bigger front planes on my neptune and up grade the propeller, for starters and by doing this will i have some more longer battery life . please share your experience post pictures , videos, what ever it takes to share your ideas im open to all ! I was told it would changed it's responce to front controls, would be better. I have not purchased my neptune, but very soon .

thanks much appreciated

Jim :)
                          Last edited by deepseadiver; 10-26-2011, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Subculture
                            Admiral
                            • Feb 2009

If this is your first submarine, I would advise learning to use it as built before carrying out any modifications.

In standard form, the Neptune isn't the fastest or most agile boat available, but it works and works well. There were some issues with the early versions of this boat, most notably problems with the electronics, but from what I've heard, these have been straightened out now.

Learn to control, trim and maintain your boat well before modifying the basic design. Once you start to alter things, you'll discover other problems which need to be addressed.

Comment

• deepseadiver
                              Commander
                              • Aug 2008

that smart I will take that under advicement because your right once I get use to the way it performs right out of the box then I can decide to modify it or not . Myself it’s only going to be a shallow diver it would be lucky to see 8 feet so I guess it does not need to be a very high performer mostly something fun to do on the weekends with my son . I have been told by some people that there never going to do anything to it and they are perfectly happy with it right out of the box . Other people must have this top notch most perfect working submarine that performs at a higher level then compared to the original neptune which makes it better. That part i dont believe it's all up to the owners tast and needs for the subs performance to there standards not someones ideas that it needs to to be performing like a sports car.

Jim
                              Last edited by deepseadiver; 10-30-2011, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...