Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by matthewnimmo
    Hmm. I might have gotten the wrong one then. But, i also have to keep in mind that my transmitter isnt 75mhz its 72mhz (you said Mike was going to check the warehouse to see what happened i guess) and this extra receiver is going to be for a plane. I want to use my transmitter for both subs and planes

on www.sub-driver.com. I purchased the lepton 6 channel. Within the description it said that i can get my crystals from this place http://www.caliberhobby.com/crystalrx.html

from there i purchased this exact crystal (GWX1/R72750

FM-RX CH-48 CRYSTAL: 10PPM/72. 750MHZ FOR PICO & NARO/UM-1/EP & JR
    $10.00)

it seems to be the smaller sized one that matches my transmitter (which is 72.750). Did i get the wrong one?
    I'll rattle Mike's cage again about the 72-75mHz transmitter issue. (Just sent him an e-mail about this).

Yes, that's also a good source for the UM-1 sized crystal you need. Just make sure you get the FM, single-conversion, UM-1 crystal on the frequency of your choice.

And it looks like the GWX1/R72750 crystal (I looked it up at their site) will fill the bill as it's the right physical size, is for PPM type coding, and is of the single-conversion type.

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• KevinMc
      Commander
      • Feb 2009

Not only does the GWS crystal work in the Lepton 6, it's actually the "manufacturer recommended" crystal type for that receiver. Not all "Channel XX" crystals are the same, so you really need to pay attention to the brand of receiver that you're shopping for or at least do your homework to know what's compatible with what.
      Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
      KMc Designs

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Matthew, you may have problems with getting the crystal to "Plug in". I know I did on two different Lepton receivers and two different crystals from these same people. Crazygary had the same problem. I filled the tips of the two leads to a tapered point . If you push too hard you will bend the leads. They appear to go in only about a 1/16" or so.
        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• crazygary
          Captain
          • Sep 2012

Definitely not a real clean fit. Proceed with caution when inserting the crystal,
          and try not to opt for a "BFH" in the insertion process!! (LOL)

CG

Comment

• Aug 2008

Yeah, I find that going at the crystal pins with a diamond file the best way to bring their gauge down to where the entire pin(s) will slip into the too-tight sockets of the Lepton-6 receiver. Crystals are much more robust than they used to be, but still sensitive to shock, so be careful while handling the little things.

M
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• matthewnimmo
              Commander
              • Dec 2011

So, nothing like bringing back the dead:). How is everyone?

Anyhow, specific question wft08. Dave had sent me that 75mhz module I believe over a year ago (futaba pk-FSM) which is aynthesized frequency of 75mhz with the dials to set to whatever range. So, recently i purchased a Taigen all metal tiger 1 tank and decided to use my wft08 with it. I purchased a futaba r168df 75mhz receiver and picked up an FM 75.750 mhz crystal for it. I set my pk-fsm to .750 as well. Then for teating purposes i hooked up a single servo to channel 1 and my 7.4v battery to channel8/power .... And nothing:(

Ive got to be doing something wrong any thoughts guys?
              ... a computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me with kickboxing!!

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                Commander
                • Dec 2011

I might have solved my issue. See im a dork and completely forgot about single/dual conversion type crystals. The RF module on my TX (or any TX for that matter ) shouldnt really give a **** if you go single or dual ... But if one buys a dual conversion Receiver one should really purchase a DC crystal:/. I have one on order now. Hope to get it in soon

Related sad note. In all my testing efforts im pretty sure i fired my Lepton-6 receiver by accident. I stupidly hooked up a nihm battery to it even though the voltage is in range i think that receiver only likes lipo:(
                ... a computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me with kickboxing!!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by matthewnimmo
                  I might have solved my issue. See im a dork and completely forgot about single/dual conversion type crystals. The RF module on my TX (or any TX for that matter ) shouldnt really give a **** if you go single or dual ... But if one buys a dual conversion Receiver one should really purchase a DC crystal:/. I have one on order now. Hope to get it in soon

Related sad note. In all my testing efforts im pretty sure i fired my Lepton-6 receiver by accident. I stupidly hooked up a nihm battery to it even though the voltage is in range i think that receiver only likes lipo:(

It's not battery type, but voltage that counts. If you hit it with six-volts it should still be alive. Wait on that crystal and we'll know for sure if the things tits-up or not. Welcome back, stranger.

M
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                    Commander
                    • Dec 2011

Unfortunately these crystals have nothing to do with the Lepton Receiver. Now looking back i have no idea why i even pulled the receiver to test with, i guess i was testing my new 6 volt battery to see if the problem with my new futaba receiver was with the battery. But when i plugged the new 6volt bat to the lepton it sparked and smoked. Then the lepton receiver wouldnt respond to my old battery that use to run it. Soo. Im thinking i fried it. But now, if the type of battery doesnt matter than why on earth did that fry my Lepton?

Thoughts?

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

Did you by chance insert the battery plug in backwards as respects positive and negative? Just a thought.
                      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                        Commander
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by greenman407
                        Did you by chance insert the battery plug in backwards as respects positive and negative? Just a thought.

Well, i wish i was that silly as that would explain what i did; but all was plugged in correctly:( So, i'm totally clueless on what had happened.

Comment

Working...