X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schmitty1944
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Mar 2021

Dive Tribe confusion.

I used to be a regular Dive tribe member. I can rarely make it to the zoom meetings. I'm on the west coast and for me they are usually at 1pm on a Saturday. I realize there is no perfect time for everyone but it's hard to commit to that time slot for me.

I love watching Bob and Logans weekly update videos and of course their other videos too. I already pay for you tube premium. I don't know if you tube is paying the N. Drydocks or not . I used to assume that was the incentive for you tube creators (you tube pays you if you have enough views/subscribers). Now the videos are delayed by two weeks unless you are a dive tribe member?

I re-joined Dive tribe at the $10 level just so I could see the videos straight away. All of the 3 options for dive tribe are called "elite" on the web-site. I just watched the last dive tribe meeting and Bob specifically says you have to be an "elite" member to see the videos without delay.

1) At the $10 level are the videos delayed?
    2) If you are a dive tribe member, how do you access the videos without delay? Are they just automatically there? Do you have to access them from the Dive Tribe tab on the N. drydocks website?

Many thanks.
    Jason

• Marylandradiosailor
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Nov 2021

No response in four days? I was now considering joining at the $10 level but was interested in the answers to your questions.

Comment

• Schmitty1944
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Mar 2021

I'm surprised no one has responded but I think I did figure it out. At the $10 level you have access to the dive tribe meetings but that's all. If you want to see the videos without delay you need to be a $50 a year subscriber. The thing that caused me "confusion" is on the N. Drydocks website page where you actually purchase a dive tribe subscription all three options ($10, $50 and $149) have a blue button you click to purchase that says "join the dive tribe -Elite" but only the $50 level is actually called "Elite".

So at $10 the videos are delayed.

Jason

Comment

• RCSubGuy
        Welcome to my underwater realm!
        • Aug 2009

Apologies for the delay. I was out of town all last week and it was my birthday weekend, so my family had plans for me all weekend.

I just updated the DiveTribe page to make things a bit easier to understand. Yes, at the base $10/year, you just get meeting access. That's it. It's really designed for newcomers who want to feel things out before properly committing. You will have to wait to see new video content until it goes public.

Bumping up to Elite gets you all of the features of full DiveTribe membership, including access to the SubSkippers list, instant access to videos, discounts on products, first access to new products and sale items, and much more.

Patron is for the true friends of the Drydocks and is for those who want to support my efforts in a bigger way.

Comment

Working...