X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TeckPriezt
    Ensign
    • May 2018

1:300 SeaQuest Kit

Went to purchase the SeaQuest kit for my latest project and found it's no longer listed.
    There is a link on the Kit's page of the store but it seems to be broken, like the information has been removed but someone forgot to remove the link. Is the site just broken at the moment or has the SeaQuest kit been discontinued?
    Last edited by TeckPriezt; 05-02-2018, 03:23 AM.
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Sorry to say that you're too late to get your hands on one of those kits. I've discontinued them indefinitely due to the cost of manufacturing. Unless I charge over $550/kit, there is no point in doing it, and the molds are burned out from the first run, requiring an investment of several thousand dollars in new molds and castings. It took over a year to go through the first batch. These are just not economical kits to manufacture, at least in the manner that I'm forced to do it with.

The site has been updated. Sorry for the confusion.

Bob

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

TeckPriezt,

Send me an email at sales@nautilusdrydocks.com. There has been a development that might help you out with this model.

Bob

Comment

• Vaportrail
        Ensign
        • Jun 2018

Wow, that's brutal. I am also interested in the SQ kit, I'm sad to hear it was such a difficulty.

Comment

Working...