X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

1:96 USS Blueback kits now available!

Thanks to everyone for your patience while I worked through bringing the SWM product lines into production.

I'm happy to say that via a partnership with Don Spielberger for his excellent hull layups and Dave Merriman for his amazing appendage engineering and production, the USS Blueback kits are now ready for orders. The rear section of the Blueback will come pre-assembled to make construction of this amazing little kit even easier.

Included with every hull kit or complete starter kit will be fully-illustrated, highly detailed step-by-step buildup instructions (over 63 pages!). The instructions for the do-it-your-selfer's out there are also available for purchase and download separately.

USS Blueback model kit
    USS Blueback starter kit (complete package with SubDriver, radio, batteries, ballast weight, foam, etc.)
    USS Blueback instructions

Click image for larger version.   Name:	Blueback.jpg  Views:	0  Size:	56.7 KB  ID:	4601

Next up in the next 30 days is the superb 1:96 scale Kilo, followed by the Trenchant and Sierra kits!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

To amplify on the above, this is what you get when you open the box:

And the finished result:

(the good stuff starts at 1:40) https://youtu.be/DYVTNzmNIrM

David
    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 03-05-2018, 11:15 AM.
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• type7
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Apr 2009

Looks ideal for beginner modelers. Building time should be very short.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by type7
        Looks ideal for beginner modelers. Building time should be very short.
        That was the originator's (David Manley) intentions. We've only added a few wrinkles to make it an even easier kit to assemble and get operational. I've assembled most of the Manley submarine kits and I can assure you they are great scale representations and quick assembly jobs.

I'm currently operating his BLUEBACK and KILO and love the performance of each. Though still in primer gray at this time, I've trimmed out and will soon paint Manley's OYASHIO, TRENCHANT, and SIERRA-2. Love 'em!

David
        Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 03-05-2018, 01:19 PM.
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

This is so gratifying to see these kits actually in production. It was a long and weary road they traveled (to China and back) I hope everyone gets a lot of enjoyment out of them, and I can't wait to see the entire Manley fleet all for sale. Good work Bob and David
          Last edited by Kazzer; 03-08-2018, 07:29 PM.
          Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kazzer
            This is so gratifying to see these kits actually in production. It was a long and weary road they traveled (to China and back) I hope everyone gets a lot of enjoyment out of them, and a I can't wait to see the entire Manley fleet all for sale. Good work Bob and David
            Well, Bob and I are part of a much bigger picture regarding the Manley subs: It was Mike Caswell (Kazzer) who pulled the strings, paid out the big money, and took heroic measures to secure and safeguard the tooling for these fine kits. Much as a big museum curator does, Mike worked hard to keep these one-of-a-kind items alive and well, and into the hands of guys (me, Bob, and Don) who can do something with them.

Sure, Mike was a pain-in-the-ass to work for, and he walks a fag looking dog. However, all that happy horse-**** aside -- no one but my Dad has taught me more about business and how to get along with people than this guy.

Thanks, Mike. Now ... go walk that stupid looking dog of yours.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
              • Aug 2008

Click image for larger version

Name:	barkley.png
Views:	422
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	125528
              Here he is - the best dog in the world. Barkley!

Kind words from Merriman? What's going on, the ice cap is melting, snow in deserts, forest fire in California. Is the world going mad?

Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

Working...