• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SSN687
    Subject: order# 100001699
    19 February 2016

I'm not sure how this is supposed to work. I wasn’t sure where to post these two questions, I figure that I can get counseled just as easy in one section as another if I have placed them in the wrong section.
    1. Am I supposed to notify someone on this site that I have placed an order also?

On 10 February 2016, I place an order and paid for a 1/96 Blueback and a 3 inch SAS sub driver, order #100001699. I received an email order confirmation from Sub-Driver.com and from my bank of payment to sub-driver.com for the order. On 12 February 2016 I sent an email to sales@sub-driver.com asking for an estimate of when the order might ship. I haven’t received a reply the sales department. My account on sub-driver.com has my order as processing since 10 February 2016.
    1. Is the gas backup system and associated subsystems an option on the 3 inch SAS sub driver, as referenced in 1/87 USS NAUTILUS kit, post #26, “you put the back-up in all my boats that will be run in open bodies of water ... don't leave home without it!” if not an option should I pursue obtaining one from Krasser through the garage sale on the tubes that he got from the cave?

Thanks
    Ernie
    SSN687
    451ccsc@gmail.com
    or
    ewm8886@yahoo.com

I've filled the BLUEBACK orders. However, I'm just finishing the 3" SD's (not for use in the BLUEBACK, by the way). I assume they have your BLUEBACK and are holding it awaiting my delivery of the rest of your order.

We're dropping most of the r/c submarine 'accessories' from the catalog and I assume that also means the emergency gas back-up system. After you get your SD, contact me directly.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SSN687
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Nov 2015

Since I order the 3" SD for the Blueback, I assume that I have screwed the pooch for this order. Is there any way I can have the order changed to get the correct SD for the Blueback?

Comment

• SSN SonarTech
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Jul 2012

Are the Blueback Kits still going to be available? And by dropping the r/c accessories, will the kits still be available ie: electronic kit for a particular model. I was going to order another kit in the future but want to finish my skipjack first. Just starting to get back to it after the holidays because life and sickness has gotten it the way. Hopefully in the water this weekend for the initial trim.....Though wx supposed to be in 60's here in VB
        US Submarine Force: Making the Navy worthwhile since 1900

Comment

• Aug 2008

Since I order the 3" SD for the Blueback, I assume that I have screwed the pooch for this order. Is there any way I can have the order changed to get the correct SD for the Blueback?

Yes, get ahold of Kailagh at Caswell, explain the situation and tell them you want the 2.5 SAS SD for the BLUEBACK. The sooner you do this, the better.

M
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by SSN SonarTech
            Are the Blueback Kits still going to be available? And by dropping the r/c accessories, will the kits still be available ie: electronic kit for a particular model. I was going to order another kit in the future but want to finish my skipjack first. Just starting to get back to it after the holidays because life and sickness has gotten it the way. Hopefully in the water this weekend for the initial trim.....Though wx supposed to be in 60's here in VB

All I know is that we're dropping the 'small, fidely' stuff that gets in the way of my production of SD's and fittings kits. I assume Caswell will continue selling the devices needed to populate the SD's.

No, Caswell will not be producing any of the SWM kits as was initially intended. The only lot of SWM kits produced by Caswell-Merriman were the three BLUEBACK kits shipped over a month ago.

Stop by and we'll chat.

M
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SSN687
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Nov 2015

I have called Kailagh at Caswell, she was off, I was transferred to John, and they have emailed me that they will change it to a 2.5”.
              Thank you for your help and support.
              A baby nuc comes aboard and what is the first thing that he does? Get the A Gangers and/or the Torpedo men mad at him, **** them off. As stated before I figured that I could get counseled by the end of the day. Live and learn.

Ernie

Comment

• Aug 2008

I have called Kailagh at Caswell, she was off, I was transferred to John, and they have emailed me that they will change it to a 2.5”.
                Thank you for your help and support.
                A baby nuc comes aboard and what is the first thing that he does? Get the A Gangers and/or the Torpedo men mad at him, **** them off. As stated before I figured that I could get counseled by the end of the day. Live and learn.

Ernie

Hey! We all needed reliable 'sea daddies' to get us through Qualification.

Make sure he annotates that order with 1/96 BLUEBACK
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SSN687
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Nov 2015

Caswell was closed by the time I got your last message, but their email to change the order from a 3" SD to a 2.5" SD for me referenced order #100001699, which was the original order for the 1/96 Blueback and a 3 inch SAS sub driver. I made a note to myself to call Kailagh at Caswell Monday if you think I still need to.
                  Ernie

Comment

• Aug 2008

Caswell was closed by the time I got your last message, but their email to change the order from a 3" SD to a 2.5" SD for me referenced order #100001699, which was the original order for the 1/96 Blueback and a 3 inch SAS sub driver. I made a note to myself to call Kailagh at Caswell Monday if you think I still need to.
                    Ernie

Yeah, give her a jingle. The SD for the BLUEBACK is a 'special', so let's lock this down before they ship anything.

First run of the first assembled kit from the recently purchased Small World Models r/c submarine tooling. This (still in primer-gray) 1/96 BLUEBACK is seen ...

David
                    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 02-19-2016, 05:54 PM.
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Pawly
                      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                      • Jun 2013

I have been waiting since January for my Skipjack fittings kit and SD. I have rung twice, as emails do not get answered, to be told by Caswell that they will be getting it soon. So much for the 4 to 6 week wait, it has been over 8 weeks now, two phone calls to Caswell and I may be getting my SD shipped this week if it comes in. They can not tell me when the fittings kit will be heading my way.
                      It would be nice to know when I will be getting all the gear.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Pawly
                        I have been waiting since January for my Skipjack fittings kit and SD. I have rung twice, as emails do not get answered, to be told by Caswell that they will be getting it soon. So much for the 4 to 6 week wait, it has been over 8 weeks now, two phone calls to Caswell and I may be getting my SD shipped this week if it comes in. They can not tell me when the fittings kit will be heading my way.
                        It would be nice to know when I will be getting all the gear.

When it's done. I'm the bottle-neck in this operation; I'm the manufacturer and vendor to Caswell for some of the r/c submarine products they offer.

I'm behind in work -- sometimes life gets in the way.

When will you get your stuff? In a month or so, baring 'incident'.

M
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

It will be worth the wait Pawly. Ive been buying from Dave for years now. The Demand on one man is Huge.
                          IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• SSN687
                            Lieutenant Commander
                            • Nov 2015

David I left a phone message for Kailagh at Caswell this morning, then she left me a phone message that my order had been corrected for the 2.5 inch SD for the Blueback. They had the Blueback there in stock and need the 2.5 inch SD to finish filling the order. I left her another massage to see if I needed to contact you or if she is going to do it, no reply from her. So I think everything is good to go now. Thanks for your support and patients.
                            Thanks
                            Ernie

Comment

• SSN SonarTech
                              Lieutenant Commander
                              • Jul 2012

David just noticed the invite. You going to around this coming weekend? I will call first

Steve

No, Caswell will not be producing any of the SWM kits as was initially intended. The only lot of SWM kits produced by Caswell-Merriman were the three BLUEBACK kits shipped over a month ago.

Stop by and we'll chat.

M
                              US Submarine Force: Making the Navy worthwhile since 1900

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by SSN SonarTech
                                David just noticed the invite. You going to around this coming weekend? I will call first

Steve

Stop by and we'll chat.

M

Sure will. Yeah ... call first.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...