Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ADDINGTON
    Lieutenant
    • Sep 2008

Thanks for the replies guys-much appreciated.
    I'll go Evercoat glazing putty for fill, but Nitro-Stan for me works best as a 'surfacer' to fill scratches,pinholes and smoothing other micro-shallow problem areas.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by red_noir
      I was initially quite worried ! the stern on my boat lined up nicely so when it came time to join the hull half's today that where I began. using clamps and liquid modeling cement I start there at the back and moved fwd.

I began to run into trouble at the bow planes, so what I did was tack certain small sections together with CA until it all lined up and then went over it all with model cement.

all in all Im very pleased. I have a small gap at the bow but Im gonna fill it in with squadron green putty ! Im enjoying my build very much and am already thinking about a second build when caswell has there Torpeodo kits avaliable for this sub!

Chuck
      So, I'm reading your methodology (the tack-gluing with spots of CA till you can wet the area with a proper welding cement is very good) and am nodding my head in approval ... and then you mention using 'green stuff' to fill some gaps! YOU IDIOT!

Take that Squadron Green Stuff and throw it as hard and as far from your place as you can; that stuff is ****!

Go To Mattos or some other Automotive refinishing supply house and get some two-part polyester based filler and Nitro-Stan touch-up putty. Use the filler for re-contouring work and the Nitro-Stan putty for scratches and small fill jobs.

I never want to hear mention of 'green stuff' again!

David,
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
        Commander
        • Apr 2009

See - told ya.

Comment

Working...