Hardrock

did you get my PM?

David h
    David. No PM from you in my box. Scott

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Originally posted by greenman407
    The dunce cap shaped mast, is it supposed to be Yellow? I left mine white for some reason, and I dont remember why. I dont see any paste flux in the picture of soldering rails. As you are probably aware, flux will make it flow and whet in better.
    Yellow in several the photographs that I have. Here's one: Click image for larger version

Name:	0_4c42d_95f0ac34_XL.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	98813

I'm using a liquid flux - thats what made the blue marker pen run. It wasn't hugely successful. Paste might be a better idea. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Davidh
    replied
    Hardrock

did you get my PM?

David h

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    The dunce cap shaped mast, is it supposed to be Yellow? I left mine white for some reason, and I dont remember why. I dont see any paste flux in the picture of soldering rails. As you are probably aware, flux will make it flow and whet in better.

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Making railings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000783.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	98802

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Some more work today on the masts. Each of the smaller (3mm) masts is mounted in an insulin syringe; the two larger, 5mm masts go into a 3.5ml syringe. Eventually the two forward masts will be couples with the torpedo doors so that the doors open when the attack periscope goes up. The other masts at the rear of the sale will be run from a common pump but they will go up and down at different rates.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000781.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	98793
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    OK, will do.

Leave a comment:

• Davidh
    replied
    Hard rock,

could you you clear your pm box as I sent a message to you but bounced as your in box is apparently full.

dave h

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Originally posted by HardRock
    Mark. I did (kinda) suggest a few things during the video event. This is what happened - a great shot of one of my dogs!!!!
    The conversation went something like, "What do you want me to video"? Innocent smile. My answer, "anything interesting that happens". Result; immediate cut away from submarine and close up shot of dog. I give up. https://youtu.be/ee-7xuyURPc
    I see what you mean. Just when things were getting interesting she pans the camera away. Silly girl.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by HardRock
    Mark. I did (kinda) suggest a few things during the video event. This is what happened - a great shot of one of my dogs!!!!
    The conversation went something like, "What do you want me to video"? Innocent smile. My answer, "anything interesting that happens". Result; immediate cut away from submarine and close up shot of dog. I give up. https://youtu.be/ee-7xuyURPc
    ROFLMAO!!

You idiot. You gave her an option. What were you thinking?!...

Gal's regard r/c submarining with the same rapt attention we experience when dragged along to the mall for scented candle shopping.

"let's see, video the ripples on water ... or the dog? Duh, that's an easy choice!"

M

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Some work today on the masts. These are all going to be hydraulically operated via a set of pumps in the forward WTC. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000773.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	98766Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000775.jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	98769Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000777 2.jpg
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	98768Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000774 2.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	98767

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Originally posted by greenman407
    Roger that about the Camera person. Carry on Sir.

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Originally posted by Davidh
    Hard rock,

i am seriously going to have to drive all of half an hour and come down to see this Oscar. I should bring Hms resolution to keep her company.

all the way from Hamlyn terrace

David h
    Always welcome Mate. I'll take you for a spin in the chopper!

Leave a comment:

• Davidh
    replied
    Hard rock,

i am seriously going to have to drive all of half an hour and come down to see this Oscar. I should bring Hms resolution to keep her company.

all the way from Hamlyn terrace

David h

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Wow, scary ending on the video, but very glad you got it back.

Leave a comment:

Working...